Oil Reset Procedure for Pontiac Aztek 2000-2005
Easy to follow oil reset procedure for Pontiac Aztek for the year 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005.
Oil Reset Procedure for Pontiac Aztek for the year 2000 through 2005
1. Turn the ignition key to the “ON” position but don’t start the engine.
2. Fully press and release the accelerator pedal to the floor slowly 3 times within five seconds
If the CHANGE OIL SOON light blinks, the system is resetting
3. Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset
Oil Reset Procedure for Pontiac Aztek for the year 2001
1. Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine).
2. Immediately after Step 1 press and release the gas pedal 3 times within 5 seconds.
3. Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
Oil Reset Procedure for Pontiac Aztek for the year 2001 through 2005
1. Turn ignition to the “RUN” position and immediately press and release the accelerator pedal 3 times within 5 seconds.
2. Turn ignition off.
Additional Pontiac Aztek Oil Reset Light Procedure Information
About Pontiac Aztek
The Pontiac Aztek is a mid-size crossover SUV sold by General Motors from 2001 to 2005, along with a rebadged variant known as the Buick Rendezvous.
The Aztek was a 5-door crossover with a front engine, front-wheel drive, and optional all-wheel drive. It had a four-speed automatic transmission and a V-6 engine. Pontiac marketed the Aztek as a “sport recreational vehicle,” and it shared a shortened platform with GM’s minivans (e.g., the Pontiac Montana), with 94 cubic feet of cargo space when the rear seats were removed. The design included conventional rear outswing doors rather than sliding doors, as well as a bi-parting rear tailgate with seat indentations and cupholders. Other features included a front center console that also served as a removable cooler, optional rear stereo controls in the cargo area, an optional sliding cargo floor with grocery compartments, and an optional camping package that included an attachable tent and an air mattress. (Source: Wiki)