Oil Reset Procedure for Acura RDX 2007 to 2022
Simple to follow procedure for Acura RDX oil reset for the year, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2022.
From 2007 to 2012
- Turn ignition to “II” position.
- Press the “SEL/RESET” button repeatedly until engine oil life is displayed.
- Press and hold “SEL/RESET” button for more than 10 seconds, remaining oil life mode will be displayed.
- Press the “INFO” button to select “RESET”.
- Turn ignition off.
From 2013 to 2015
- Set power mode to “ON” position.
- Use “INFO” button to highlight “CUSTOMIZE SETTINGS” and select with “SEL/RESET” button.
- Select “MAINTENANCE INFO” and
- Press “SEL/RESET” button. Oil life reset mode will be displayed.
- Use the up/down button to select “RESET” and press “SEL/RESET” button, displayed maintenance items will disappear and engine oil life display is reset to 100%”.
- Turn ignition off.
From 2013 to 2018
- Turn on the ignition without starting the engine
With foot off the brake push the START button twice to get the dash all lit up
- Go to the VEHICLE SETTINGS or CUSTOMIZE SETTINGS
Then you’ll press either ▲i/▼ up or down while viewing the on-screen display until you get all the way down to the VEHICLE SETTINGS or CUSTOMIZE SETTINGS
- Scroll and select MAINTENANCE INFO
Once you’re in that menu you’ll scroll up or down again until you get to the MAINTENANCE INFO and select it.
- Select RESET
After that, you’ll toggle up or down to get to RESET and click on it to confirm.
From 2019 to 2022
With Steering Wheel
- Take the key and turning it to the on position without cranking up the engine.
- Then come over to the steering wheel and you’re going to use your the roller button then you want to kind of scroll through here and find the MAINTENANCE.
- Now we’re going to hold in the roller until we see the Maintenance Items pop up
- At this point, you can choose either the service that you’ve done or select ALL DUE ITEMS
- You just click the roller on the selected item and you’re done
With Multimedia Display
- Switch the ignition over to the on position
- Next, let’s go ahead and hit the HOME button on the center console
- Now you go under SETTINGS within your infotainment system
- Then you’re going to look for VEHICLE
- From Vehicle menu, you’re going to scroll down to MAINTENANCE INFORMATION
- At this point you can see here we have a several maintenance item that can be reset
- You just going to go to the service that you’ve done and hit RESET
About ACURA RDX
The second generation RDX was unveiled at the North American International Auto Show in January 2012 and will go on sale in April. By using variable displacement, the turbocharged four-cylinder engine was replaced by a 3.5-liter V6 mated to a six-speed automatic, improving gas mileage to an EPA estimated 20/28/23 mpg (city/highway/combined) (VCM). The SH-AWD system was phased out in favor of a simpler and less expensive AWD setup.
A 5-inch display, tri-angle rear-view backup camera, and keyless entry with push-button start are standard. Additionally, standard Bluetooth hands-free calling and Pandora music can be wirelessly streamed into the audio system. A power tailgate is included when you upgrade to the Technology package. This system can store 15GB of music and includes an upgraded 60-gigabyte hard disc (HDD)-based navigation system with an 8-inch screen.
The RDX is available in China with two engines. A 3.0-liter SOHC V6 generates 263 hp (196 kW; 267 PS) at 6700 rpm and 220 lbft (298 Nm) of torque at 4600 rpm, while a 3.5-liter SOHC V6 generates 273 hp (204 kW; 277 PS) at 6500 rpm and 254 lbft (344 Nm) of torque at 4400 rpm. Both engine options are available with either FWD or AWD.