Oil Reset Procedure for Acura TSX 2004 to 2014
Simple to follow procedure for Acura TSX oil reset for the year, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
From the year 2004 to 2005
- With ignition off, press and hold reset button on dash
- And turn ignition to the “II” position.
- Continue to hold until lamp resets.
From the year 2006 to 2014
- Turn ignition to “II” position.
- Press the “SEL/RESET” button repeatedly until engine oil life is displayed.
- Press and hold “SEL/RESET” button for more than 10 seconds, remaining oil life mode will be displayed.
- Press the “INFO” button to select “RESET”, then press the “SEL/RESET” button to reset oil life display. Maintenance item codes will disappear, and engine oil life will reset to 100.
- Turn ignition off.
Or you can also try this procedure;
From the year 2006 to 2014
WITH STEERING BUTTON
- Turn on your car without starting the engine
Get in your car and turn it all the way on and so the lights are on
- Display the REMAINING OIL LIFE on the screen
Go through the menu by using the SEL/RESET button until you see the Oil life that shows the remaining percentage and stop on that screen
- Press and hold the SEL/RESET button
Hold SEL/RESET button down for 10 seconds and it should pop up with the menu that says OIL LIFE RESET
- Select RESET
Use the INFO (▲/▼) button to switch over to RESET and then press the SEL/RESET button to perform the oil life reset
WITH CLUSTER KNOB
- Turn the key on
- Hit the SELECT/RESET knob on the right to take you to the OIL LIFE
- Then we’re going to hold it down for roughly about five seconds until it gives us the SETUP menu
- Once you get the SETUP menu we’re going to go ahead and rotate the SELECT/RESET knob clockwise and it’s going to say RESET on the screen
- Now hold the SELECT/RESET knob down and the oil life has been reset
About ACURA TSX
The Acura TSX was introduced as a production model at the 2003 North American International Auto Show. The 2004 TSX’s powertrain included a 2.4-liter inline four-cylinder K24A2 engine producing 200 horsepower, a six-speed manual transmission (with a special casing to reduce weight), and front wheel drive. In the United States, a five-speed automatic transmission was a no-cost option based on MSRP; however, this was not the case in Canada.
The TSX was updated in 2006 with minor engine changes (a 5 hp increase from 200 hp to 205 hp), sportier exterior styling (a slightly new front and rear treatment, standard side skirts, and standard, integral fog lights), and restyled wheels.
Tire Pressure Monitoring System and an improved electronic rear view mirror were added in 2007, and a new color option was added for the 2008 model year.
Acura introduced new features for the TSX in 2005, including XM Satellite Radio, a four-way power passenger seat, and illuminated steering wheel-mounted audio and cruise controls. This model year also marked the second year of production for the TSX. A Multi-information Display (MID) was installed in the instrument panel of the vehicle in 2006, along with other interior technological features and luxury options. These options included a two-position memory for the driver’s seat adjustments, which adjusted depending on which of two keys was being used, an auxiliary MP3 player input, and Bluetooth-compatible HandsFreeLink (for cellular phones). The Bluetooth HandsFreeLink system is controlled by the user’s voice when the HandsFreeLink button is pressed. The user must speak in order for the system to function. The HandsFreeLink system allows for the pairing of up to six unique phones at once.