Toyota Matrix 2005 KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry Programming Procedure
How to Program Toyota Matrix KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry for the year 2005.
- First, close all doors
- Insert master Toyota key in and out of ignition cylinder 4 times. On the 5th time leave the master key in the ignition cylinder
- Open and close driver’s side door 6 times
- Remove master key from ignition cylinder.
- Verify that security light on the information display is solid, indicating that the car successfully entered programming mode
- Insert new chip key
- Watch security light blinking for about 60 seconds
- When security light goes out, your new key is successfully programmed
- Remove new key from the ignition cylinder
- And finally, verify that your new key is able to deactivate anti-theft system: security indicator light on the information display should disappear when inserting properly programmed key into ignition cylinder
- If it didn’t work, repeat the same steps from the beginning
About Toyota Matrix
The Matrix was first introduced in the 2003 model year and based on the Toyota Corolla platform. Relatively unchanged in 2004, a facelift for 2005 brought minor revisions to the exterior – mainly revised styling to the front fascia due to complaints of rubbing the ground on the previous incarnation and replacing the red lenses on the taillamps with clear ones. Also, the center instrument panel was slightly redesigned and featured a Toyota head unit in place of the previous GM-sourced radio.
Two 1.8 L four-cylinder engines were offered in the Matrix: the 1ZZ-FE used in the Corolla, which originally made 130 horsepower (97 kW) in 2003 through 2005 models, but was reduced to 126 horsepower (94 kW) in 2006, and the performance-oriented 2ZZ-GE taken from the Toyota Celica GT-S, which produced 164 horsepower (122 kW) (previously 180 horsepower (130 kW) in 2003, 173 hp (129 kW) in 2004, and 170 horsepower (130 kW) in 2005). The 2006 drop in power was due to new testing standards, and not a change in the engine’s actual performance. (Source Wiki)