Renault Clio II 1998 KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry Programming Procedure
How to Program Renault Clio II KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry for the year 1998
Re-initializing Procedure – Radio frequency key fobs only
Note. If key fob buttons are operated repeatedly whilst vehicle is out of range and central locking / alarm system becomes inoperative, carry out the following re-initializing procedure.
- Ensure the ignition switch is “OFF”
- Press and hold in the central locking button inside the vehicle for a minimum of 5 seconds
- Vehicle doors should “Lock” and then “Unlock”
- Immobilizer LED illuminates
- Press the “Lock / Unlock” button on the key fob
- Immobilizer LED turns “OFF”
- Key fob is re-programmed.
- Repeat above procedure for the second key fob
- Confirm operation of key fobs by locking and unlocking vehicle using key fob buttons.
Note. If the central locking / alarm system is malfunctioning or a replacement key fob is obtained. The following programming procedure is required to be carried out before the key fob will operate correctly.
- Replacement key fobs can only be programmed using diagnostic equipment
- Refer to the iKEYS software for further information.
Note. A maximum of 2 key fobs can be programmed to the vehicle.
About Renault Clio II
Development of the X65 commenced in 1991, a year after the May 1990 launch of the Clio. In 1992, Pierre Beuzit became project manager of the X65 programme. In December 1993, a final design developed under Patrick Le Quément was approved, with development for production commencing, so in 1994 Renault rented a 129,600-square-foot building in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, west of Paris. More than 600 people from Renault and its suppliers went to work there.
The X65 project team became a laboratory for Renault’s Guyancourt technical center. Forty teams were created, each responsible for a section of the car. In February 1997, management moved market launch by over 1 month from 15 March 1998 to 11 April 1998. Development ended in 1997, as pre-production units began to be constructed at Flins. (Source Wiki)