Acura ZDX 2010-2013 Key Programming Procedure
The following are the key programming procedures for Acura ZDX for the year 2010 and 2013.
TRANSPONDER PROGRAMS SEPARATELY FROM RKE W/ A DIAGNOSTIC TOOL
1. Within 4 seconds: Press LOCK button or UNLOCK button of first remote transmitter.
2. Within 4 seconds: Switch ignition OFF.
3. Within 4 seconds: Switch ignition ON.
4. Repeat procedure above twice.
5. Within 4 seconds: Press LOCK button or UNLOCK button of first remote transmitter. System should now lock and unlock vehicle to indicate remote programming mode activated.
6. Within 10 seconds:
Press LOCK button or UNLOCK button of first remote transmitter, allowing doors to lock and unlock once. Press LOCK button or UNLOCK button of each remaining remote transmitter to be programmed, allowing doors to lock and unlock once as each remote transmitter is programmed.
7. Switch ignition OFF.
8. Remove key
TRANSPONDER PROGRAMS SEPARATELY FROM RKE W/ A DIAGNOSTIC TOOL ORIGINAL KEY MUST HAVE AN “L” ON THE BLADE
1. ENTER the vehicle and CLOSE all doors. (Each of the following steps must be completed within five seconds of one another. If you take longer than five seconds between steps or make a mistake, you must start the entire procedure over.)
2. INSERT the key into the Ignition, HOLD one remote in your left hand with additional remotes close by.
3. PERFORM each of the next three (3) steps in order, then repeat all three (3) steps two (2) more times for a total of three (3) times each.
4. TURN the Ignition to the ON position, marked “II” on the Ignition.
5. PRESS the LOCK button on the remote.
6. TURN the Ignition to the LOCK position, marked “0” on the Ignition. (REPEAT Steps 4-6 two (2) more times)
7. TURN the Ignition to the ON position, marked “II” on the Ignition.
8. PRESS the LOCK button on the remote, the door locks should cycle indicating the vehicle has ENTERED Programming Mode.
9. Within five (5) seconds of entering Programming Mode, PRESS the LOCK button again on the same remote. The door locks should cycle again indicating the vehicle has successfully PROGRAMMED that remote.
10. For programming additional remotes to your vehicle, REPEAT Step 9 with each additional remote one after another. Step 9 must be completed within five (5) seconds for each additional remote. You may program up to three (3) remotes to your vehicle.
11. TURN the ignition to the LOCK position, marked “0” on the Ignition to EXIT Programming Mode.
12. Test all remotes. Programming is now complete.
About Acura ZDX
The Acura ZDX is powered by a 3.7-liter V6 engine that produces 300 horsepower. All-wheel drive (AWD) and a six-speed automatic transmission are standard. The big V6 in the ZDX rewards the driver with quick acceleration and strong passing power, and the transmission provides quick but smooth gear changes. However, by class standards, the fuel economy is only average, at 16 mpg in the city and 23 mpg on the highway. When properly equipped, the Acura ZDX is rated to tow 1,500 pounds.
The ZDX achieves an excellent balance of ride quality and handling. The SUV is agile in tight turns and surefooted on slick road surfaces. When the road gets rough, the suspension does a good job of smoothing out bumps and dips without making the vehicle feel floaty. The steering is responsive and well-weighted, and the ZDX’s brakes deliver strong stopping power.
The five-seat Acura ZDX has an elegant cabin with high material quality and low noise levels at highway speeds. The low driving position resembles a sport coupe rather than a crossover SUV, and the soft leather seats provide excellent comfort and support. Unfortunately, the rear seats are cramped in terms of both head and legroom, and they’re difficult to get in and out of. For securing child car seats, there are two sets of LATCH connectors. The coupe-like roofline of the ZDX also limits rear visibility and cargo space. The ZDX has 27.5 cubic feet of cargo space behind its 60/40 split-folding rear seats and only 57.3 cubic feet when they are folded flat, which is very small by class standards.
All used 2013 Acura ZDX models include a navigation system, Bluetooth, voice recognition, a power tailgate, and a crisp 10-speaker audio system as standard equipment. The dashboard is stylish, but it has a plethora of audio and climate control buttons. Over time, the arrangement becomes fairly intuitive, but you may find yourself using the backup steering wheel buttons more frequently than not.