Acura MDX 2007-2013 Key Programming Procedure
The following are the key programming procedures for Acura MDX for the year 2007 and 2013.
TRANSPONDER PROGRAMS SEPARATELY FROM RKE W/ A DIAGNOSTIC TOOL
1. Within 4 seconds: Press LOCK button or UNLOCK button of first remote transmitter.
2. Within 4 seconds: Switch ignition OFF.
3. Within 4 seconds: Switch ignition ON.
4. Repeat procedure above twice.
5. Within 4 seconds: Press LOCK button or UNLOCK button of first remote transmitter. System should now lock and unlock vehicle to indicate remote programming mode activated.
6. Within 10 seconds:
Press LOCK button or UNLOCK button of first remote transmitter, allowing doors to lock and unlock once. Press LOCK button or UNLOCK button of each remaining remote transmitter to be programmed, allowing doors to lock and unlock once as each remote transmitter is programmed.
7. Switch ignition OFF.
8. Remove key
TRANSPONDER PROGRAMS SEPARATELY FROM RKE W/ A DIAGNOSTIC TOOL ORIGINAL KEY MUST HAVE AN “L” ON THE BLADE
1. ENTER the vehicle and CLOSE all doors. (Each of the following steps must be completed within five seconds of one another. If you take longer than five seconds between steps or make a mistake, you must start the entire procedure over.)
2. INSERT the key into the Ignition, HOLD one remote in your left hand with additional remotes close by.
3. PERFORM each of the next three (3) steps in order, then repeat all three (3) steps two (2) more times for a total of three (3) times each.
4. TURN the Ignition to the ON position, marked “II” on the Ignition.
5. PRESS the LOCK button on the remote.
6. TURN the Ignition to the LOCK position, marked “0” on the Ignition. (REPEAT Steps 4-6 two (2) more times)
7. TURN the Ignition to the ON position, marked “II” on the Ignition.
8. PRESS the LOCK button on the remote, the door locks should cycle indicating the vehicle has ENTERED Programming Mode.
9. Within five (5) seconds of entering Programming Mode, PRESS the LOCK button again on the same remote. The door locks should cycle again indicating the vehicle has successfully PROGRAMMED that remote.
10. For programming additional remotes to your vehicle, REPEAT Step 9 with each additional remote one after another. Step 9 must be completed within five (5) seconds for each additional remote. You may program up to three (3) remotes to your vehicle.
11. TURN the ignition to the LOCK position, marked “0” on the Ignition to EXIT Programming Mode.
12. Test all remotes. Programming is now complete.
About Acura MDX
Fun-to-drive luxury crossover SUVs are unusual, to say the least. Typically, if you wanted such refinement, entertainment, and utility in one package, you’d have to look at a few German models. And, while those crossovers have broken the SUV mold, they also have a habit of busting budgets. Thankfully, there’s the 2013 Acura MDX to keep things grounded.
Luxury? It’s available on the MDX. It easily outperforms other midsize crossover SUVs in its price range, thanks to high-quality materials and craftsmanship, and it approaches a level of refinement usually reserved for European brands. You also get a generous list of standard features for the price, and adding more features won’t send the bottom line soaring into the stratosphere. Then there’s the “U” in SUV, which stands for utility. The MDX works well as a family-oriented runabout, with three rows of seats and a cargo area that expands to more than 80 cubic feet.
The Acura MDX’s ability to entertain the driver, however, is most surprising. The MDX isn’t the fastest in its class, but thanks to its 300-horsepower V6, it’s always eager to please. Even with its taller SUV stance, the MDX remains poised in the curves, thanks in part to a sophisticated all-wheel-drive system that sends power to the outside wheels when cornering. When the weather is nice, the MDX is a lot of fun to drive, but it’s also a lot of fun to drive when it’s raining.
Even if winding mountain passes aren’t your thing, the MDX is still a viable option. The 2013 Buick Enclave is more spacious and less expensive than the Acura, but it isn’t nearly as refined or entertaining. Comparable luxury and performance, as well as a third row, can be found in the more expensive 2013 BMW X5 and 2013 Mercedes-Benz GL Class. The 2013 Acura MDX is exceptional in terms of overall performance.