Oil Reset Procedure for Mercedes-Benz ML550 2008-2014
Simple to follow oil reset procedure for Mercedes-Benz ML550 for the year 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
Oil Reset Procedure for Mercedes-Benz ML550 for the year 2008 through 2011
1. Turn ignition to “POSITION 1”.
2. Press the system selection button repeatedly until odometer is displayed.
3. Press the cluster illumination button 3 times, battery voltage will be displayed.
4. Press the up or down buttons until service menu is displayed.
5. Press the “+/-” buttons to select “CONFIRM”.
6. Press the system selection button repeatedly until “COMPLETE SERVICE” is selected, confirm with system selection button, “SERVICE CONFIRMED” will be displayed.
7. Turn ignition off.
Oil Reset Procedure for Mercedes-Benz ML550 for the year 2012 through 2014
1. ALL DOORS, WINDOWS, HOOD, AND TRUNK MUST BE CLOSED DURING RESET.
2. Turn ignition to “POSITION 1”.
3. Press the down button repeatedly to bring up the kilometer/mileage display.
4. Press the left arrow button repeatedly until “TRIP” is displayed.
5. Press and hold the phone button and then within 1 second, press and hold the “OK” button.
6. Hold both for 5 seconds until “VEHICLE DATA, DYNAMOMETER TEST, CHANGE BRAKE LINING AND ASSYST PLUS” is displayed.
7. Select “ASSYST PLUS” and push “OK” button.
8. Select “FULL SERVICE” and push “OK” button.
9. Select “CONFIRM SERV” and push “OK” button.
10. Select “OIL QUAL. 229.3” or “OIL QUAL. 229.5” and push “OK” button.
11. Select “YES” and push “OK” button. Select “CONFIRMATION” and push “OK” button, “FULL SERVICE CARRIED OUT” will be displayed.
12. Press “OK” button and then press the “BACK” button repeatedly to exit the menu.
13. Turn ignition off.
Additional Mercedes-Benz ML550 Oil Reset Light Procedure Information
About Mercedes-Benz ML550
Mercedes-Benz displayed their ML 450 Hybrid SUV at the, which was first introduced to the public on April 8th, 2009. Even though it generates over 90% of the power that the V8 model does, the ML 450 Hybrid consumes nearly half as little fuel as the ML 550 does, which is a significant difference. According to estimates provided by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the vehicle will produce a total power output of 335 horsepower (250 kW) and 381 lb-ft (517 Nm) of torque, while achieving a fuel economy of 24 mpg-US (9.8 L/100 km) on the highway and 21 mpg-US (11 L/100 km) in the city. The engine is self-contained and generates 275 horsepower when operating on its own. The ML 450 was designed as part of the program, and its availability in the United States will be restricted to that of a leased vehicle.
In 2011, Mercedes-Benz released the Mercedes-Benz M BlueTec Grand Edition, which is considered to be the company’s flagship model of SUV. The exterior of the vehicle was modified to include a smokers package with Grand Edition modeling, black leather with white stitching, specially-manufactured 22-inch 10-spoke wheels, and black leather with black stitching. The exterior featured new wheels, headlight and taillight tinting, a xenon-package that included LED tail lights and daytime running lights, Xenon headlights, a black grille, and AMG side-view mirrors. The Grand Edition was differentiated from the standard model by the fact that it was available in three different colors: black, midnight blue, and ivory white.
The 2012 M-Class gains an updated 7G-Tronic Plus seven-speed transmission for improved fuel economy, as well as optional (Distronic Plus), active, and adjustable-height air suspension (AirMatic). A with was added to compensate for body roll. (Source: Wiki)