Citroen C5 2000-2004 KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry Programming Procedure
How to Program Citroen Xsara KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry for the year 2000-2004
Note. If battery is replaced inside key fob / key fob has been re-programmed or if key fob buttons are operated repeatedly whilst vehicle is out of range and central locking / alarm system becomes inoperative, carry out the following re-initializing procedure.
- Switch the ignition to the “ON” position
- Press and hold the “Lock” button on the key fob for approximately 10 seconds
- Release the lock button
- Switch the ignition to the “OFF” position
- Wait for approximately 3 seconds
- Key fob is re-initialized.
- Repeat above procedure to re-initialize any remaining key fobs.
- Confirm operation of key fob by locking and unlocking vehicle using key fob buttons.
About Citroen C5
In September 2004, the C5 underwent a major facelift (new front and rear ends; same centre section) to bring it into line with the look of the new Citroën C4. The hatchback was lengthened from 4,618 mm (181.8 in) to 4,745 mm (186.8 in) and the wagon from 4,755 mm (187.2 in) to 4,840 mm (190.6 in). Also, this new version got swivelling directional headlights.
The Hydractive suspension improves ride quality, keeps the car levelled, and enables the car to drive on three wheels if one tire is flat. The suspension is derived from the Hydropneumatic suspension used in the 1950s Citroën DS. Variations in height using the Hydractive suspension range up to 15 mm (0.6 in) in the front and 11 mm (0.4 in) in the back.
Production ended in December 2007, with the final production number being 720,000. In the United Kingdom, 45,502 models of the car were sold from 2001 to 2004.(Source Wiki)