Ford Fiesta 2011-2019 Key Programming Procedure
The following are the key programming procedures for Ford Fiesta for the year 2011 and 2019.
REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY (RKE) TRANSMITTER PROGRAMMING:
• A maximum of 8 Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitters can be programmed to the vehicle.
Programming must be done at the same time for all RKE transmitters.
• This procedure is for programming the RKE transmitter portion of the Integrated Keyhead Transmitter (IKT). The
RKE transmitter for an Intelligent Access (IA) key is programmed automatically during the key programming.
Refer to the key programming procedures under Anti-Theft – Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) below.
1. Use the door lock control switch to electronically unlock the door locks.
• There is no audible or visual indication that programming mode has been entered.
2. Turn the ignition from the OFF to RUN position 4 times in rapid succession (within 6 seconds), with the fourth turn ending in OFF.
• If no action is taken within 10 seconds after a transmitter has been programmed, the programming sequence ends.
3. Within 10 seconds, press any button on the RKE transmitter to be programmed. After the first RKE transmitter is programmed, press a button on each subsequent transmitter to be programmed (each within 10 seconds of each other).
4. Exiting the programming mode is accomplished if one of the following occurs:
• The key transitions to the RUN position.
• 10 seconds have passed since entering programming mode or since the last RKE transmitter was programmed.
• The maximum number (8) of RKE transmitters have been programmed.
5. Check the operation of the transmitter. If the door locks do not respond for the programmed RKE transmitter(s), wait several seconds and press the button again. If the door locks still fail to respond, refer to Handles, Locks, Latches and Entry Systems in your owners manual.
KEY PROGRAMMING – PROGRAM A KEY USING TWO PROGRAMMED KEYS
• This procedure is only for vehicles without Intelligent Access (IA). For vehicles with IA, the keys can only be programmed using a scan tool.
• This procedure works only if 2 or more programmed keys are available. If 2 programmed keys are not available, refer to Key Programming Using Diagnostic Equipment in your owners manual.
• This procedure only programs the Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) portion of the key into the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC). It does not program the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Transmitter Identification Code (TIC) into the Body Control Module (BCM).
1. Insert the first programmed PATS key into the ignition and turn the key from the OFF position to the RUN position (maintain the key in the RUN position for approximately 3 seconds).
2. Turn the first key to the OFF position and remove the key from the ignition.
3. Within 10 seconds of turning the key to the OFF position, insert a second programmed PATS key into the ignition and turn the key from the OFF position to the RUN position (maintain the key in the RUN position for approximately 3 seconds).
4. Turn the second key to the OFF position and remove the key from the ignition.
5. Within 10 seconds of turning the key to the OFF position, insert the new unprogrammed PATS key into the ignition and turn the key from the OFF position to the RUN position (maintain the key in the RUN position for approximately 3 seconds).
6. If it is desired to program additional key(s) (up to a total of 8 keys can be programmed), repeat steps 1 – 5 for each additional key.
7. Refer to RKE Transmitter Programming above to program the RKE portion of the key
About Ford Fiesta
The 2019 Ford Fiesta subcompact sedan and hatchback vies for buyers on a budget, but they’d better act fast. Ford will phase out the Fiesta during the 2019 model year and sell only crossovers, SUVs, and pickups in the future.
The 2019 Fiesta enters its ninth model year unchanged. We rated it 3.7 out of 10. It’s hurt by weak safety scores and a dowdy interior, although its spunky personality still entertains on a curvy road.