Ford Edge 2010-2014 Key Programming Procedure
The following are the key programming procedures for Ford Edge for the year 2010 and 2014.
A maximum of four intelligent access keys can be programmed to your vehicle. If you would like to replace a previously programmed access key with a new access key, or if you already have four access keys programmed to your vehicle, you must take your vehicle and all access keys to your authorized dealer to be erased and reprogrammed.
ADDING SPARE INTELLIGENT ACCESS KEYS:
You must have two previously programmed intelligent access keys inside the vehicle and the new un-programmed intelligent access keys readily accessible. If two previously programmed keys are not available, you must take your vehicle to your authorized dealer to have the spare key(s)
Ensure that the vehicle is off before beginning this procedure. Ensure that all doors are closed before beginning this procedure and that all doors remain closed throughout the procedure. Perform this procedure exactly as described below, and perform all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence. If any steps are performed out of sequence, stop and wait at least one minute before starting again.
Please read and understand the entire procedure before you begin.
1. Place the new un-programmed intelligent access key in the pocket inside the center console utility compartment.
2. Press the driver or passenger power door unlock control three times.
3. Press and release the brake pedal one time.
4. Press the driver or passenger power door lock control three times.
5. Press and release the brake pedal one time. The indicator on the Start/Stop button should begin to rapidly flash, indicating that the programming mode has been entered and two programmed intelligent access keys have been detected in the vehicle.
6. Within one minute, press the start/stop button. A message will be displayed on the message center indicating that the new Intelligent Access Key was programmed. If four intelligent access keys have already been programmed to your vehicle, you cannot program anymore and the message. MAX # OF KEYS LEARNED will be displayed on the message center.
7. Remove Intelligent Access Key from utility compartment pocket and press the unlock or lock control on the newly programmed intelligent access keys to exit programming mode.
8. Verify that the remote entry functions operate (lock, unlock) and that the vehicle starts with new Intelligent Access Key.
If the Intelligent Access Key has been successfully programmed, it can be used to activate the Intelligent Access with Push Button Start feature and can be used to start your vehicle.
About Ford Edge
The 2014 Ford Edge is a fantastic pre-owned midsize SUV. The well-rounded Edge combines ride comfort and interior refinement, and it appeals to families due to its safety features, dependability, and low price point. The Edge was rated the Best 2-Row Midsize SUV for the Money in 2014.
Each 2014 Edge is powered by one of three engines. The standard engine is a 285-horsepower V6, with Sport variants offering a 240-horsepower turbocharged four-cylinder and a 305-horsepower V6. All three engines offer quick acceleration. Front-wheel drive and a six-speed automatic transmission are standard. V6 versions are available with all-wheel drive. The four-cylinder engine in the Ford Edge achieves the best fuel economy: 21 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the interstate. The Edge rides comfortably, although the Edge Sport variant, which is performance-tuned, is less comfortable on uneven roads. When properly outfitted, the Edge can tow 3,500 pounds.
The Ford Edge boasts a peaceful cabin with excellent materials and enough of seating capacity for five people. Upper trim levels add leather, heated seats, and power-adjustable front seats to the base SE model. The front seats of the Edge are supportive and comfy. The back seats recline and fold flat, expanding cargo space from 32.2 to 68.9 cubic feet. There are two complete sets of LATCH child-seat connectors in the second row. Due to the Edge’s narrow back window and sloping roof, rear sight is limited.