Porsche Cayenne 2002-2010 Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS Reset
Simple to follow procedure on how to reset/relearn the TPMS service maintenance indicator warning light on Porsche Cayenne for the year 2002, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010.
No special tools are required to perform this relearn procedure.
Sensor Relearn Procedure:
1. Inflate all tires to pressure listed on tire placard.
2. Turn the ignition to the ON position with the engine OFF.
3. Under the Main Menu, select TPCC/TPM.
4. Select “Pressure”.
5. Select “Settings” or “Adjust”.
6. Select Tire Type and Size
7. Drive the vehicle for up to 30 minutes at a speed of 30 MPH, or more in order for the system to learn the new sensor IDs or tire pressures.
NOTES: Before driving, wake up each sensor while the engine is running by dropping the tire pressure more than 5 psi, then reinflate to the placard pressure.
About Porsche Cayenne
The Porsche Cayenne 955 entered the market to a mixed reception, although it was the performance vehicle among SUVs and had comparably good handling as well as powerful engines. The lineup initially consisted of the V8-powered Cayenne S and Cayenne Turbo. Later in the model cycle, VR6 and diesel-powered versions joined the lineup.
The base model is powered by a VW 3.2-L VR6 engine producing 250 PS (184 kW; 247 hp). The intake manifold is unique to Porsche, but otherwise the engine is largely the same as the VW engine. Acceleration from 0–100 km/h (62 mph) is 9.3 seconds with the manual transmission and 9.7 seconds with the Tiptronic S. (Source Wiki)