Porsche Cayman 2006-2016 Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS Reset
Quick to follow procedure on how to reset/relearn the TPMS service maintenance indicator warning light on Porsche Cayman for the year 2006 and 2016.
No special tools are required to perform this relearn procedure.
Sensor Relearn Procedure:
1. Inflate all tires to pressure listed on tire placard.
2. Turn the ignition to the ON position with the engine OFF.
3. Under the Main Menu, select TPCC/TPM.
4. Select “Pressure”.
5. Select “Settings” or “Adjust”.
6. Select Tire Type and Size
7. Drive the vehicle for up to 30 minutes at a speed of 30 MPH, or more in order for the system to learn the new sensor IDs or tire pressures.
NOTES: Before driving, wake up each sensor while the engine is running by dropping the tire pressure more than 5 psi, then reinflate to the placard pressure.
About Porsche Cayman
The third-generation Boxster (internally known as the 981) was announced on 13 March 2012 at the Geneva Motor Show with sales starting in early summer 2012. The 981 Boxster reflects the new design language from the 911 (991) and 918, and features new and revised engine and transmission specifications. Together with a new body, the type 981 Boxster features a new, 40 per cent more torsionally rigid chassis, the front track is 40 mm (2 in) wider, the rear 18 mm (1 in) wider and the wheelbase extended by 60 mm (2 in), but with a small weight reduction of up to 35 kg (77 lb) compared to the previous type 987 Boxster. (Source Wiki)