GMC Acadia 2018-2019 Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS Reset
Quick to follow procedure on how to reset/relearn the TPMS service maintenance indicator warning light on GMC Acadia for the year 2018 and 2019.
A TPMS Tool , or another properly formatted TPMS scan tool, is required to perform this procedure.
Procedure using a TPMS Tool
Sensor Relearn Procedure with Steering Wheel Buttons:
1. Ensure all tires are inflated to the pressures listed on the tire placard.
2. Set the Parking Brake
3. With the vehicle off, hold down the ignition button for 5 seconds
a. Do not press the brake pedal while holding down the ignition button
4. Using the streering wheel’s keypad, select “Settings,””Display Options,” then “Tire Pressure” to turn on the Tire Pressure readout display”
5. Exit the “Settings” menu and scroll to the Tire Pressure Screen.
6. Hold down the SEL/Checkmark/ or scroll‐wheel until the horn sounds twice.
7. Starting with the LF tire, use your TPMS Tool to scan each sensor in the following order: LF, RF, RR and LR. The horn will chirp, after the vehicle has received a signal from each sensor. After activating the LR tire, the horn will chirp twice signifying the relearn is complete.
8. Shut the vehicle off.
About GMC Acadia
The GMC Acadia received a facelift for 2020. The facelift introduced new exterior styling (including a new front grille inspired by the all-new 2019 GMC Sierra 1500), a revised infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration, new alloy wheel options, an all-new AT4 trim level (which replaces the All-Terrain Package on select trim levels), a new 2.0L turbocharged EcoTec inline four-cylinder (I4) engine (both the 2.5L EcoTec I4 and 3.6L VVT V6 engine options remain available for 2020), and the Electronic Precision Shift push-button automatic transmission that was first introduced on the 2018 GMC Terrain, among other changes. The 2020 GMC Acadia went on sale in the fall of 2019.
GMC introduced some minor changes for the 2021 model year. Wireless functionality for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto was added, as well as the debut of an Elevation Edition package that adds black exterior styling accents and 20-inch wheels. (Source Wiki)