Oil Reset Procedure for Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 3500 2010-2015
Simple to follow oil reset procedure for Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 3500 for the year 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Oil Reset Procedure for Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 3500 for the year 2010 through 2015
Without steering wheel controls:
1. Turn ignition on, do not start engine. Wait for odometer to be displayed.
2. Press and hold “0” button for 30 seconds until a beep is heard.
3. On diesel engines with long oil change interval, press “M” button repeatedly until “rESEt .51/rESEt .31” will be displayed.
4. On older instrument clusters, “rESEt 229.5/ rESEt 229.3” will be displayed with oil can symbol.
5. Press and hold “0” button for 3 seconds.
6. Release button and press again. Turn ignition off.
With steering wheel controls:
1. Turn ignition on, do not start engine.
2. Wait for odometer to be displayed, press double square button repeatedly to display if not done automatically.
3. Press the up or down arrows repeatedly until “SERVICE SCOPE X IN XXX KM” is displayed.
4. Press and hold “0” button for 30 seconds until a beep is heard.
5. Press double square button.
6. Press the up or down arrows repeatedly until “SERVICE IN XXX KM” is displayed.
7. Press “0” button, “CARRY OUT” will be displayed.
8. Press the “+/-” buttons repeatedly until “OIL TYPES” is displayed.
9. Press the “+/-” button repeatedly until desired oil specification is highlighted.
10. Press the up or down arrow to select.
Press and hold “0” button for 3 seconds until “SERVICE CONFIRMED” is displayed.
11. Press the up or down button to display new service scope.
12. Turn ignition off.
Additional Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 3500 Oil Reset Light Procedure Information
|Sprinter 3500||2010-15||3.0 Diesel||5W-40||13.2|
|Sprinter 3500||2014-15||2.1 Diesel||5W-40||12.2|
About Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 3500
In 2006, the second generation Sprinter was introduced in Europe. Professional Van and Light Truck Magazine named it Van of the Year in 2007 and again in 2008. Figures for 2012 Information and Fuel Consumption. The second generation Sprinter, also known as the NCV3 or New Concept Van 3, debuted in Europe and other countries as the 2006 model year. For the 2007 model year, North America received its own NCV3.
The 906 NCV3 cargo version is available in two wheelbases (144″ and 170″), two roof heights (standard 60.6″ and high 72.4″), three lengths (short 233.3″, standard 274.2″, and extended 289.8″), and two weight classes (2500, 3500). In some markets, but not all, 3500 models can be equipped with dual rear wheels or extra-wide “super single” wheels. In California state court, a class action lawsuit was filed against Mercedes-Benz, alleging that the defendant sold Mercedes-Benz Sprinter models 2500 and 3500 with water leaking from the roof air conditioning unit into the passenger area. (Source: Wiki)