Oil Reset Procedure for Mercedes-Benz R172 SLK-Class
Simple to follow oil reset procedure for Mercedes-Benz R172 SLK-Class.
Mercedes-Benz R172 SLK-Class
Reset Service Indicator
1. Insert key into ignition, switch to position “1“. The mileage counter has to be displayed.
2. Press repeatedly until the TRIP option is highlighted.
3. Press and hold and within 1 second press and hold both for 5 seconds. The shop menu is displayed.
4. Press repeatedly until “Assyst Plus” is highlighted and confirm with . Options “Service Data” and “Full Service” are displayed.
5. Press until “Full Service” is highlighted. Confirm with .
6. Press until “Conf. Full Serv.” is highlighted, confirm with . The display shows “Service carried out?.”
7. Press to select “Yes”. Confirm with . “Cannot be undone” displays.
8. Press until “Confirm” is highlighted. Confirm by pressing . The display reads “Full Service carried out”.
9. Confirm by pressing .
About Mercedes-Benz R172 SLK-Class
The third generation Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class (SLC-Class) (series R172) was introduced in Stuttgart in January 2011, followed by a public debut at the 2011 Geneva Motor Show and international sales beginning in spring 2011. It is the successor to the R171 roadster series, which debuted in 2004. The SLC was phased out after the 2020 model year.
The design incorporates radiator air intake design from the 1950s 190 SL roadster and front end inspired by Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Coupé and Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class from the first and second generations (W218). “Edition 1” model features glacier grey special paint finish SHAPE, panoramic vario-roof, Dynamic Handling package, AMG bodystyling, two-tone designo nappa leather with contrasting topstitching, AIRSCARF, ambient lighting, and more.
Orders began to come in on January 17, 2011, and they arrived in dealer showrooms on March 26, 2011. SLK 200 BlueEFFICIENCY, SLK 250 BlueEFFICIENCY, and SLK 350 BlueEFFICIENCY were early models. Models for the 2012 model year went on sale in the United States in 2011.
Minor changes to standard equipment were made for the 2014 model year, and the AMG Sports package was renamed AMG Line. It is a version of the SLK 200 BlueEFFICIENCY with a 7-speed automatic transmission, a panoramic sunroof, and the COMAND Online multimedia system. 18-inch 5-spoke light-alloy wheels, 10 mm (0.4 in) lower sports suspension, LED daytime running lights, metallic paint, and leather heated seats. (Source: Wiki)