Oil Reset Procedure for Mercedes-Benz CLK550 2007-2009
Simple to follow oil reset procedure for Mercedes-Benz CLK550 for the year 2007, 2008 and 2009.
Oil Reset Procedure for Mercedes-Benz CLK500 for the year 2007 through 2008
1. Turn ignition to “POSITION 1”.
2. Press the system selection button repeatedly until kilometers are displayed.
3. Press the cluster illumination button quickly 3 times, battery voltage will be displayed an a sound will be heard.
4. Turn ignition to “POSITION 2”. Press the up or down arrows until the service menu is displayed.
5. Use the +/- buttons to select the oil used. Use the up or down arrows to confirm.
6. “RESET OIL CONFIRMATION. PUSH R-BUTTON FOR 3 SECONDS” will be displayed.
7. Press and hold cluster illumination button for 3 seconds, “SERVICE CONFIRMED” will be displayed.
8. Turn ignition off.
Oil Reset Procedure for Mercedes-Benz CLK500 for the year 2009
1. ALL DOORS, WINDOWS, HOOD, AND TRUNK MUST BE CLOSED DURING RESET.
2. Turn ignition to “POSITION 1”.
3. Press the down button repeatedly to bring up the kilometer/mileage display.
4. Press the left arrow button repeatedly until “TRIP” is displayed.
5. Press and hold the phone button and then within 1 second, press and hold the “OK” button.
6. Hold both for 5 seconds until “VEHICLE DATA, DYNAMOMETER TEST, CHANGE BRAKE LINING AND ASSYST PLUS” is displayed.
7. Select “ASSYST PLUS” and push “OK” button.
8. Select “FULL SERVICE” and push “OK” button.
9. Select “CONFIRM SERV” and push “OK” button.
10. Select “OIL QUAL. 229.3” or “OIL QUAL. 229.5” and push “OK” button.
11. Select “YES” and push “OK” button.
12. Select “CONFIRMATION” and push “OK” button, “FULL SERVICE CARRIED OUT” will be displayed.
13. Press “OK” button and then press the “BACK” button repeatedly to exit the menu.
14. Turn ignition off.
About Mercedes-Benz CLK550
The CLK-Class is a rear-wheel drive family of vehicles that includes two different models: the CLK350 and the CLK550. The engine in the CLK350 is a 3.5-liter V6 that produces 268 horsepower, while the engine in the CLK550 is a 5.5-liter V8 that generates 382-horsepower. Both engines are connected to a seven-speed automatic transmission that features TouchShift manual shift control.
The CLK350 comes standard with alloy wheels measuring 17 inches, leather upholstery, and an automatic climate control system. CLK550 models, on the other hand, feature a sport suspension, a rear lip spoiler, and 18-inch alloy wheels fitted with performance tires. Anti-lock disc brakes with brake assist, stability and traction control systems, front side-impact airbags, overhead curtain airbags for front and rear passengers (coupes only), and active anti-whiplash front head restraints are some of the standard safety features that come on all CLK-Class models. The Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class will carry over into 2009 with only minor adjustments made to the standard equipment and the available options. All models now come standard equipped with heated front seats and a glovebox-mounted 6-disc CD changer that is also capable of playing MP3s.
The AMG treatment is applied to the CLK 550 in both its coupe and cabriolet guises. That entails the installation of a lower-body aero kit, which consists of a front fascia that imitates the look of the McLaren-Mercedes Formula One cars and has a hint of front wings, flared rocker panels, and a rear fascia that looks like a diffuser. AMG-branded alloy wheels measuring 18 inches in diameter and fitted with low-profile performance tires are also included in the package. It is not at all a “boy racer” look, but it is understated enough to be appropriate to the station in life of the CLK, and it adds to the appearance that is created by the wide and low Mercedes coupe grille and the twin-oval headlamps.