Oil Reset Procedure for BMW 535i 2008-2015
Simple to follow oil reset procedure for BMW 535i for the year 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
BMW 535i oil reset procedure for the year 2008 through 2013.
1. Turn ignition to Terminal 15, which is one turn of the key or one press of the START/STOP button.
2. Press and hold the SET/RESET button on the instrument cluster for 10 seconds. The upper display will be illuminated with a service item. The lower display will indicate the remaining time or mileage left for the service item.
3. Pressing the button repeatedly will allow the display to scroll through all of the condition based service items.
4. Press and hold the SET/RESET button again and the lower display will indicate “OK” or “DUE”.
5. Pressing the SET/RESET button again will allow the “RESET” to appear in the lower display for that service.
6. Releasing and reapplying the button one more time will reset the service displayed in the upper window only.
BMW 535i oil reset procedure for the year 2014 through 2015.
1. Press the start/stop button once (do not start the engine).
2. Press and hold the SET/RESET button until the service indicator light appears.
3. Press the SET/ RESET button repeatedly to scroll the service menu. With the oil change interval highlighted, press and hold the SET/RESET button.
4. When “RESET” appears, release the SET/RESET button and press and hold again.
5. Reset complete when “OK” and new mileage appears.
About BMW 535i
Since 1972, BMW has been producing and marketing the BMW 5 Series, an executive car that succeeded the New Class Sedans and is now in its seventh generation. The BMW 5 Series succeeded the New Class Sedans.
The 5 Series was initially offered as a sedan, but in 1991, a wagon/estate body style that was marketed as “Touring” was added to the lineup. From 2009 until 2017, a 5-door fastback configuration that was marketed as “Gran Turismo” was also available for purchase. A unique internal E-designation is assigned to each new generation as it is produced.
Four-cylinder and six-cylinder gasoline engines with naturally aspirated combustion were used to power the first generation of the BMW 5 Series. The subsequent generations have been powered by engines with four cylinders, six cylinders, V8 and V10 configurations, and either a naturally aspirated or turbocharged powertrain. Since 1982, the 5 Series lineup has included both gasoline and diesel-powered vehicles.
After the 3 Series, the BMW 5 Series is the company’s model that accounts for the second most sales. The production of the 5 millionth 5 Series model, a 530d sedan finished in Carbon Black Metallic, took place on January 29, 2008.
The first model to use BMW’s three-digit model naming convention was the 5 Series, and as a result, the 5 Series was also the first BMW model line to include the word “Series” in the name.
Since the E28, all generations of 5 Series have included a “M” model, called the BMW M5.
The BMW 5 Series Sedan is a success story that dates back decades and is the ultimate business vehicle. Sporty, elegant, and confident – not to mention extremely forward-thinking. BMW ConnectedDrive offers numerous technical innovations and optional driver assistance systems, such as Driving Assistant Plus. And, of course, the efficient petrol engines found in the BMW 520i, 528i, 535i, and 550i. Then there are the latest diesel engines, such as those found in the incredibly efficient BMW 520d, BMW 525d, BMW 530d, and BMW 535d, as well as the impressively dynamic M550d. Furthermore, the intelligent BMW xDrive all-wheel drive system ensures driving pleasure on any road, around any bend, and in any driving situation.
Plenty of space for the most demanding requirements: the BMW 5 Series Touring features numerous driver assistance systems, an 8-speed Steptronic transmission, and a range of powerful and efficient petrol and diesel engines. A luggage space of 560 litres is also included, which can be expanded to a total of 1,670 litres with its three-part folding backrest. Furthermore, the intelligent BMW xDrive all-wheel drive system ensures driving pleasure on any road, around any bend, and in any driving situation.