Rover 600 Series 1995-1999 KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry Programming Procedure
How to Program Rover 600 Series KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry for the year 1995 and 1999.
KeyFob Programming Procedure (Remote)
Note. If battery is replaced inside key fob or if key fob buttons are operated repeatedly whilst vehicle is out of range and central locking / alarm system becomes inoperative, carry out the following reinitializing procedure.
- Manually “Unlock” the vehicle using the key
- Ensure all of the doors, Bonnet and Boot are all closed and both front doors are unlocked.
- Hold the remote key fob close to the vehicle
- Press the “Padlock” or “Dimpled” button on the key fob button 4 times or more in quick succession, until the vehicle locks are enabled.
- Key fob is re-initialized.
- Repeat above procedure for all remaining key fobs
- Confirm operation of key fobs by locking and unlocking vehicle using key fob buttons.
About Rover 600 Series
Production continued until the beginning of 1999, when it was replaced with the retro styled Rover 75, developed under BMW’s stewardship. The 75 also replaced the larger 800 Series. The 600 had been a popular car in the compact executive sector, with a large percentage of sales being to the fleet market.
In 1984, while in the final stages of developing the Rover 800 Series saloon, it was planned to sell the sell the hatchback version from its launch a year later as the Rover 600 Series, but these plans were abandoned and instead the hatchback became part of the 800 Series. (Source Wiki)