Rover ZS 1995-2006 KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry Programming Procedure
How to Program Rover ZS KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry for the year 1995, 2002, 2004 and 2006.
KeyFob Programming Procedure (Remote)
Note. If battery is replaced inside key fob or if key fob buttons are operated repeatedly whilst vehicle is out of range and central locking / alarm system becomes inoperative, carry out the following reinitializing procedure.
- Manually “Unlock” the vehicle using the key
- Ensure all of the doors, Bonnet and Boot are all closed and both front doors are unlocked.
- Hold the remote key fob close to the vehicle
- Press the “Padlock” or “Dimpled” button on the key fob button 4 times or more in quick succession, until the vehicle locks are enabled.
- Key fob is re-initialized.
- Repeat above procedure for all remaining key fobs
- Confirm operation of key fobs by locking and unlocking vehicle using key fob buttons.
About Rover ZS
The MG ZS is a sports family car. The ZS is essentially a tuned version of the Rover 45 (which was launched in 1999). The 45 in turn is a facelifted version of the Rover 400 which was launched in hatchback form in 1995 and saloon form in 1996. The Earlier version of the 400 (Rover 400 Mk 1) was significantly different to the Mk 2 model. The 45 (Mk 1) had no parts based on the Mk 1 400.
The model was rapidly created from the Rover 45 after BMW sold off Rover in 2000. Development of the model was greatly accelerated by the fact that Rover had already created 400-series prototypes of the car using V6 engines and sporting suspension setups. In fact, MG-Rover developed MG versions of all three Rover cars on sale at the time (Source Rover Fandom)