Opel Agila 2002 KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry Programming Procedure
Note. If battery is replaced inside key fob or if key fob buttons are operated repeatedly whilst vehicle is out of range and central locking / alarm system becomes inoperative, carry out the following re-programming procedure.
- Open driver‟s side door
- Switch the ignition to the “ON” position for 1 second
- Within the next 10 seconds: Switch the ignition “OFF” and remove key
- Within 20 seconds either: Press and release door contact switch 3 times or close and
open driver‟s side door 3 times (leaving door open)
- Switch the ignition to the “ON” position for 2 seconds
- Within 10 seconds: Switch ignition “OFF” and remove key
- Press and release the “Unlock” button on key fob 3 times
- Doors “Lock” and “Unlock” to indicate correct programming
- Repeat above procedure for all remaining key fobs
- Confirm operation of key fobs by locking and unlocking vehicle using key fob buttons.
Note. A maximum of 3 key fobs can be programmed to the vehicle. If there are only 2 key fobs available the first key must be programmed twice.
About Opel Agila
The first generation Agila was a rebadged version of the Suzuki Wagon R-Wide, which was produced in Japan originally. The Agila’s Opel sourced 1.0 and 1.2 litre petrol engines were smaller than the 1.3 litre found in the European market Wagon R+. The cam-chain Opel engines, as used in the Corsa, proved less reliable than the cambelt driven Suzuki unit. Sales began in August 2000.
The 1.0 engine was the Z10XE engine with three cylinders in line and 973 cc. The 1.2 engine was the Z12XE with four cylinders in line and 1199 cc. The Agila was built at Opel’s factory in Gliwice, Poland. The Suzuki Wagon R+ for the European market was built at the Magyar Suzuki plant in Esztergom, Hungary. The facelift was launched in August 2003. This was also when the 1.25-liter diesel option was introduced. The petrol engines were also updated and now featured Opel’s TwinPort technology as well as marginal displacement increases, although the updated 1.2-liter four-cylinder option did not arrive until January 2004. (Source Wiki)