Ford Fiesta 2000-2002 KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry Programming Procedure
Note. If the central locking / alarm system is malfunctioning or a replacement key fob is obtained. The following programming procedure is required to be carried out before the key fob will operate correctly.
- Close all doors
- Switch the ignition “ON” 4 times within 6 seconds
- Switch the ignition “OFF”
- Programming mode activated for approximately 10 seconds:
o Press and release any button on the key fob
- An audible warning will sound and the system Alarm LED will flash to indicate successful programming
- After the first key has been programmed, the 10 seconds programming mode automatically starts again for the next key
- Repeat above procedure to re-program any remaining key fobs.
- To exit programming mode: Switch ignition “ON” or wait 10 seconds.
- Confirm operation of key fobs by locking and unlocking vehicle using key fob buttons.
Note. A maximum of 4 key fobs can be programmed to the vehicle.
About Ford Fiesta
On April 1, 2002, the Fiesta Mark V was unveiled. Production at Almussafes Plant started on April 29, 2002. Most engines were carried over from the previous Fiesta, but renamed “Duratec”, as the “Zetec” name was now solely used for sportier models. The previous push-rod 1.3 L engine was initially available in the UK, but this was quickly replaced with a Rocam 1.3 L, both under the name Duratec 8v.
Trim levels available initially were Finesse, LX, Zetec, and Ghia, with limited edition variants soon following. The fifth-generation was also the first Fiesta to feature the Anti-lock Braking System and passenger airbags as standard. This generation became the best-selling Ford Fiesta generation to date. (Source Wiki)