Honda CRV 2007-2013 Key Programming Procedure
The following are the key programming procedures for Honda CRV for the year 2007 and 2013.
TRANSPONDER PROGRAMS SEPARATELY FROM RKE W/ A DIAGNOSTIC TOOL
1. Within 4 seconds: Press LOCK button or UNLOCK button of first remote transmitter.
2. Within 4 seconds: Switch ignition OFF.
3. Within 4 seconds: Switch ignition ON.
4. Repeat procedure above twice.
5. Within 4 seconds: Press LOCK button or UNLOCK button of first remote transmitter. System should now lock and unlock vehicle to indicate remote programming mode activated.
6. Within 10 seconds:
Press LOCK button or UNLOCK button of first remote transmitter, allowing doors to lock and unlock once. Press LOCK button or UNLOCK button of each remaining remote transmitter to be programmed, allowing doors to lock and unlock once as each remote transmitter is programmed.
7. Switch ignition OFF.
8. Remove key
TRANSPONDER PROGRAMS SEPARATELY FROM RKE W/ A DIAGNOSTIC TOOL ORIGINAL KEY MUST HAVE AN “L” ON THE BLADE
1. ENTER the vehicle and CLOSE all doors. (Each of the following steps must be completed within five seconds of one another. If you take longer than five seconds between steps or make a mistake, you must start the entire procedure over.)
2. INSERT the key into the Ignition, HOLD one remote in your left hand with additional remotes close by.
3. PERFORM each of the next three (3) steps in order, then repeat all three (3) steps two (2) more times for a total of three (3) times each.
4. TURN the Ignition to the ON position, marked “II” on the Ignition.
5. PRESS the LOCK button on the remote.
6. TURN the Ignition to the LOCK position, marked “0” on the Ignition. (REPEAT Steps 4-6 two (2) more times)
7. TURN the Ignition to the ON position, marked “II” on the Ignition.
8. PRESS the LOCK button on the remote, the door locks should cycle indicating the vehicle has ENTERED Programming Mode.
9. Within five (5) seconds of entering Programming Mode, PRESS the LOCK button again on the same remote. The door locks should cycle again indicating the vehicle has successfully PROGRAMMED that remote.
10. For programming additional remotes to your vehicle, REPEAT Step 9 with each additional remote one after another. Step 9 must be completed within five (5) seconds for each additional remote. You may program up to three (3) remotes to your vehicle.
11. TURN the ignition to the LOCK position, marked “0” on the Ignition to EXIT Programming Mode.
12. Test all remotes. Programming is now complete.
About Honda CRV
The 2013 Honda CR-V was named the Best Compact SUV for Families in 2013. Its standard four-cylinder engine gets the job done most of the time, but on the highway, it could use a little more oomph. The interior materials of the CR-V could also be a little nicer, but the CR-V has plenty of room in both rows. The fuel economy of this Honda is good for the segment, and its predicted operating costs are lower than average.
The starting price of the 2019 Honda CR-V is $24,350, which is significantly higher than the average price of a 2013 CR-V. For 2017, Honda redesigned the CR-V, adding new exterior styling, a turbocharged engine option, a more upscale cabin, and new infotainment features such as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. These new models have more passenger and cargo space, but they are also much more expensive, which may not be worth it for some.
The average price of a 2013 Honda CR-V is less than that of a new compact SUV. The higher-end pricing for the 2013 CR-V, on the other hand, is very close to the price of two new subcompact SUVs, such as the top-ranked 2018 Hyundai Kona (MSRP: $19,500) and the 2018 Nissan Kicks ($17,990). Both have less cargo space, but they are more technologically advanced.
Honda debuted the fourth-generation CR-V in 2012, and the vehicle was redesigned again in 2017. Because there were no significant changes for 2013, you may want to consider a 2012 model, which is essentially the same vehicle but costs less. Check out the 2015 CR-V if you have some wiggle room in your budget. Honda added a continuously variable automatic transmission to the CR-V, which helps it achieve better fuel economy than previous models. Regardless, all model years in this generation are excellent overall choices.