Ford Escape 2007-2019 Key Programming Procedure
The following are the key programming procedures for the year 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 Ford Escape.
ADD KEY (Must have two working original keys):
1. Insert the first previously programmed coded keys into the ignition.
2. Turn the ignition from the 1 (LOCK) position to the 3 (RUN) position. Keep the ignition in the 3 (RUN) position for at least 3 seconds, but no more than 10 seconds.
3. Turn the ignition to the 1 (LOCK) position and remove the first coded key from the ignition.
4. Within 10 seconds of turning the ignition to the 1 (LOCK) position, insert the second previously coded key into the ignition.
5. Turn the ignition from the 1 (LOCK) position to the 3 (RUN) position. Keep the ignition in the 3 (RUN) position for at least 3 seconds, but no more than 10 seconds.
6. Turn the ignition to the 1 (LOCK) position and remove the second coded key from the ignition.
7. Within 20 seconds of turning the ignition to the 1 (LOCK) position and removing the previously programmed coded key, insert the new un-programmed key (new key/valet key) into the ignition.
8. Turn the ignition from the 1 (LOCK) position to the 3 (RUN) position. Keep the ignition in the 3(RUN) position for at least 6 seconds.
9. Remove the newly programmed coded key from the ignition.
If the key has been successfully programmed, it will start the vehicle’s engine and will operate the remote entry system (if the new key is an Integrated Keyhead Transmitter). The theft indicator light will illuminate for 3 seconds and then go out to indicate successful programming. If the key was not successfully programmed, it will not start your vehicle’s engine and/or will not operate the remote entry features. The theft indicator light may flash on and off. Wait 20 seconds and you may repeat Steps 1 through 8. If the failure repeats, bring your vehicle to your authorized dealer to have the new key(s) programmed.
To program additional new un-programmed key(s), wait 20 seconds and then repeat this procedure from Step 1.
About Ford Escape
In the second half of 2006, the Tribute received a considerable facelift for Asia Pacific markets. The refreshed Tribute featured a wider, more assertive grille with an enlarged Mazda symbol, as well as a restyled front bumper and headlamps. The side mirrors were equipped with integrated indicators.
On the inside, improvements included the replacement of the previous column shifter with a new floor-mounted automatic transmission shifter (Asia-Pacific model only; US-built Tribute gained the floor shifter in 2005). On select versions, the dash was modified with a new radio and automatic climate control with digital readout. The rear drum brakes were mechanically replaced with disc brakes. The engines remain unchanged, but the V6 has been updated to save almost 10% on fuel, while the 4-cylinder has been enhanced with mid-range torque and an electronic throttle. Both engines were certified to comply with Euro III pollution standards.
Mazda discontinued the Tribute in Japan in 2006 and replaced it with the similarly sized CX-7. Mazda Australia also discontinued the Tribute in 2008, with the Mazda CX-7 filling the void left by the Tribute’s absence the previous year. Tribute manufacture has been relocated to the Ford Lio Ho facility in Zhongli, Taiwan, which also produces the Tribute’s twin, the Ford Escape, for other Asia-Pacific markets. This arrangement lasted until early 2010, when production of the Tribute for Asia-Pacific markets halted, with the CX-7 imported from Japan taking its place.