Oil Reset Procedure for BMW 325Ci 2001-2006
Easy to follow oil reset procedure for BMW 325Ci for the year 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006.
BMW 325Ci oil reset procedure for the year 2001 through 2005.
1. Turn ignition off.
2. Press and hold “TRIP ODOMETER” button and turn ignition to “ACCESSORY 1”.
3. After 5 seconds, “OIL SERVICE RESET (RE)” or “INSPECTION RESET (RE)” will display.
4. Release button. Press and hold button again. After 5 seconds, “RESET” will flash.
5. Release button.
6. Press button once more. New interval is displayed.
7. Press and hold button again, after 5 seconds “RE” or “RESET” will flash, release button.
8. Turn ignition off.
BMW 325Ci oil reset procedure for the year 2006
1. Turn ignition to Terminal 15, which is one turn of the key or one press of the START/STOP button.
2. Press and hold the SET/RESET button on the instrument cluster for 10 seconds. The upper display will be illuminated with a service item. The lower display will indicate the remaining time or mileage left for the service item. Pressing the button repeatedly will allow the display to scroll through all of the condition based service items.
3. Press and hold the SET/RESET button again and the lower display will indicate “OK” or “DUE”. Pressing the SET/RESET button again will allow the “RESET” to appear in the lower display for that service. Releasing and reapplying the button one more time will reset the service displayed in the upper window only.
4. Turn ignition off.
About BMW 325Ci
The E46 model code denotes the fourth generation of the BMW 3 Series range of compact executive cars, which was produced by the German automaker BMW from 1997 to 2006, and was the successor to the E36 3 Series, which ceased production in 2000. The E46 was introduced in November 1997 and came in sedan, coupé, convertible, station wagon, and hatchback body styles. The latter is known as the 3 Series Compact.
The M3 performance model debuted in June 2000 as a 2-door coupé, followed by a convertible version in April 2001. The BMW S54 straight-six engine powers the M3, which is mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed SMG-II automated manual transmission.
Following the introduction of the E90 3 Series sedans in late 2004, the E46 line-up was phased out. However, the E46 coupé and convertible body styles remained in production until August 2006.
The E46 3 Series Coupe 325Ci has a naturally-aspirated Inline 6 cylinder engine, Petrol motor, with the engine code 25 6S 5. It has a fuel consumption of 9.1 litres/100km – 31 mpg UK – 26 mpg US (Average), 0 to 100 km/h (62mph) in 7.2 seconds, a maximum top speed of 149 mph (240 km/h), a curb weight of 3053 lbs
At 6000 rpm, this engine produces a maximum power of 192 PS (189 bhp – 141 kW) and a maximum torque of 245 Nm (180 lb.ft) at 3500 rpm. The power is transferred to the road via rear wheel drive (RWD) and a 5 speed manual gearbox.
The E46 3 Series Coupe has Independent chassis details that are responsible for road holding, handling behavior, and ride comfort. McPherson. spring coils Front suspension with anti-roll bar and Multilink. Spring coils rear anti-roll bar suspension The front tires are 205/55 on 16-inch rims, and the rear tires are 205/55 on 16-inch rims. The E46 3 Series Coupe 325Ci braking system includes Vented Discs in the front and Vented Discs in the rear to provide stopping power.
The BMW E46 3 Series Coupe is a car with two doors and five seats that was sold new from 2000 to 2003 and is now available as a used car.