Honda Civic SI 2006-2011 Key Programming Procedure
The following are the key programming procedures for Honda Civic SI for the year 2006 and 2011.
TRANSPONDER PROGRAMS SEPARATELY FROM RKE W/ A DIAGNOSTIC TOOL
1. Within 4 seconds: Press LOCK button or UNLOCK button of first remote transmitter.
2. Within 4 seconds: Switch ignition OFF.
3. Within 4 seconds: Switch ignition ON.
4. Repeat procedure above twice.
5. Within 4 seconds: Press LOCK button or UNLOCK button of first remote transmitter. System should now lock and unlock vehicle to indicate remote programming mode activated.
6. Within 10 seconds:
Press LOCK button or UNLOCK button of first remote transmitter, allowing doors to lock and unlock once. Press LOCK button or UNLOCK button of each remaining remote transmitter to be programmed, allowing doors to lock and unlock once as each remote transmitter is programmed.
7. Switch ignition OFF.
8. Remove key
TRANSPONDER PROGRAMS SEPARATELY FROM RKE W/ A DIAGNOSTIC TOOL ORIGINAL KEY MUST HAVE AN “L” ON THE BLADE
1. ENTER the vehicle and CLOSE all doors. (Each of the following steps must be completed within five seconds of one another. If you take longer than five seconds between steps or make a mistake, you must start the entire procedure over.)
2. INSERT the key into the Ignition, HOLD one remote in your left hand with additional remotes close by.
3. PERFORM each of the next three (3) steps in order, then repeat all three (3) steps two (2) more times for a total of three (3) times each.
4. TURN the Ignition to the ON position, marked “II” on the Ignition.
5. PRESS the LOCK button on the remote.
6. TURN the Ignition to the LOCK position, marked “0” on the Ignition. (REPEAT Steps 4-6 two (2) more times)
7. TURN the Ignition to the ON position, marked “II” on the Ignition.
8. PRESS the LOCK button on the remote, the door locks should cycle indicating the vehicle has ENTERED Programming Mode.
9. Within five (5) seconds of entering Programming Mode, PRESS the LOCK button again on the same remote. The door locks should cycle again indicating the vehicle has successfully PROGRAMMED that remote.
10. For programming additional remotes to your vehicle, REPEAT Step 9 with each additional remote one after another. Step 9 must be completed within five (5) seconds for each additional remote. You may program up to three (3) remotes to your vehicle.
11. TURN the ignition to the LOCK position, marked “0” on the Ignition to EXIT Programming Mode.
12. Test all remotes. Programming is now complete.
About Honda Civic SI
The Honda Civic Si is a sport compact trim level of the Honda Civic. In both Japan and North America, the Si (Sport Injected) trim level was introduced for the third generation Honda Civic. For the sixth and seventh generations, the trim was known as the SiR in Canada and elsewhere, and the Si trim was equivalent to the USDM EX model.
The Civic Type R was adopted as the Civic’s high-performance variant for the Japanese and European markets, beginning with the EK9 hatch for Japan in 1996 and the EP3 hatch for Europe in 2001. The Type R moniker was never used in North America until the 2017 model year, when the Honda Civic Type R was introduced. Previously, the Si label was the most prestigious in North America (except for Acura vehicles). The Civic Si stands in stark contrast to the more track-oriented and spartan Type R, which has less sound deadening and amenities in exchange for better performance. The Civic Si has been positioned as a more complete sport trim, with luxury features such as a sunroof and a seven-speaker audio system.