Honda Element 2006-2011 Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS Reset
Easy to follow procedure on how to reset/relearn the TPMS service maintenance indicator warning light on Honda Element for the year 2006, 2008, 2009 and 2011.
No special tools are required to perform this relearn procedure. A properly formatted TPMS scan tool can be used for an alternate method.
Sensor Relearn Procedure without a properly formatted TPMS scan tool:
Sensor Relearn Procedure without a scan tool
1. Ensure tires are inflated to the pressure indicated on the tire placard.
2. Drive vehicle for at least 15 minutes above 30mph in order for system to learn new sensor IDs.
Sensor Relearn Procedure with a properly formatted TPMS scan tool:
1. Starting with the LF tire, use the scan tool to scan each sensor in the following order: LF, RF, RR, LR & full size spare (if equipped).
2. Turn ignition to the ON position.
3. Connect scan tool to OBDII port and upload sensor IDs.
4. Turn ignition to the OFF position and unplug the scan tool.
5. To turn off the flashing TPMS light, with the engine running, scan each sensor again and drive the vehicle for 10 minutes above 30mph.
About Honda Element
The Honda Element is a compact crossover SUV manufactured by Honda and marketed in North America over a single generation for model years 2003-2011 — noted for its boxy exterior styling with bi-parting side doors and its boxy, flexible interior layout.
Manufactured in East Liberty, Ohio, the Element used a modified second generation CR-V platform with front-wheel or all-wheel drive. By late 2010, shortly before its discontinuation, production had totaled approximately 325,000. (Source Wiki)