Honda CR-V 2007-2013 Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS Reset
Simple to follow procedure on how to reset/relearn the TPMS service maintenance indicator warning light on Honda CR-V for the year 2007, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
No special tools are required to perform this relearn procedure. A properly formatted TPMS scan tool can be used for an alternate method.
Sensor Relearn Procedure without a properly formatted TPMS scan tool:
Sensor Relearn Procedure without a scan tool
1. Ensure tires are inflated to the pressure indicated on the tire placard.
2. Drive vehicle for at least 15 minutes above 30mph in order for system to learn new sensor IDs.
Sensor Relearn Procedure with a properly formatted TPMS scan tool:
1. Starting with the LF tire, use the scan tool to scan each sensor in the following order: LF, RF, RR, LR & full size spare (if equipped).
2. Turn ignition to the ON position.
3. Connect scan tool to OBDII port and upload sensor IDs.
4. Turn ignition to the OFF position and unplug the scan tool.
5. To turn off the flashing TPMS light, with the engine running, scan each sensor again and drive the vehicle for 10 minutes above 30mph.
About Honda CR-V
The Honda CR-V is a compact crossover SUV manufactured by Japanese automaker Honda since 1995 and introduced in the North American market in 1997. It uses the Honda Civic platform with an SUV body design. The CR-V is Honda’s mid-range utility vehicle, slotting between the smaller Honda HR-V and the larger North American market Honda Pilot. Honda states “CR-V” stands for “Comfortable Runabout Vehicle,” while the term “Compact Recreational Vehicle” is used in a British car review article that was republished by Honda.
Honda began producing the CR-V in Sayama, Japan, and Swindon, United Kingdom, for worldwide markets, adding North American manufacturing sites in East Liberty, Ohio, United States, in 2007; El Salto, Jalisco, Mexico, in late 2007 (ended in early 2017); Alliston, Ontario, Canada, in 2012; and Greensburg, Indiana, United States, in February 2017. The CR-V is also produced in Wuhan (Hubei province) for the Chinese market by the Dongfeng Honda Automobile Company, a joint venture with Dongfeng Motor Corporation. (Source Wiki)