GMC Terrain 2019 Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS Reset
Quick to follow procedure on how to reset/relearn the TPMS service maintenance indicator warning light on GMC Terrain for the year 2019.
A TPMS Tool , or another properly formatted TPMS scan tool, is required to perform this procedure.
Procedure using a TPMS Tool
Sensor Relearn Procedure with Steering Wheel Buttons:
1. Ensure all tires are inflated to the pressures listed on the tire placard.
2. Set the Parking Brake
3. With the vehicle off, hold down the ignition button for 5 seconds
a. Do not press the brake pedal while holding down the ignition button
4. Using the steering wheel’s keypad, select “Settings,””Display Options,” then “Tire Pressure” to turn on the Tire Pressure readout display”
5. Exit the “Settings” menu and scroll to the Tire Pressure Screen.
6. Hold down the SEL/Checkmark/ or scroll‐wheel until the horn sounds twice.
7. Starting with the LF tire, use your TPMS Tool to scan each sensor in the following order: LF, RF, RR and LR. The horn will chirp, after the vehicle has received a signal from each sensor. After activating the LR tire, the horn will chirp twice signifying the relearn is complete.
8. Shut the vehicle off.
About GMC Terrain
General Motors has positioned the new GMC Terrain as a premium alternative to its corporate cousin, the Chevrolet Equinox. But we don’t think it’s worth the extra cost.
We found the Terrain lacking in some key areas, such as ride comfort, handling agility, outward visibility, ergonomics, and noise isolation. In fact, the less-expensive Equinox is a more capable and appealing vehicle. (Source Consumer Reports)