Chevrolet SSR 2006 – 2007 Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS Reset
Easy to follow procedure on how to reset/relearn the TPMS service maintenance indicator warning light on Chevrolet SSR for the year 2006 and 2007.
A TPMS tool, or another properly formatted TPMS scan tool, is required to perform this procedure.
Procedure using a TPMS tool
1. Set the parking brake.
2. Inflate all tires to the pressure listed on the placard.
3. Turn ignition to the ON/RUN position with the engine OFF (not the ACC position).
4. Turn the headlight switch from OFF to parking lamps 4 times within five seconds. The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode.
5. Select the vehicle make, model and model year in your TPMS tool.
6. Starting with the LF tire, use your TPMS tool to scan each sensor in the following order: LF, RF, RR and LR. The horn will chirp, after the vehicle has received a signal from each sensor.
7. Turn the ignition to the OFF position.
Relearn Procedure for Models Equipped with a Driver’s Information Center (DIC):
1. Inflate all tires to the pressure listed on the placard.
2. Turn ignition to the ON/RUN position with the engine OFF (not the ACC position) and lower the driver’s side window.
3. Press the Vehicle Information button (located to the left or right of the instrument cluster) repeatedly until “LEARN TIRE PRESSURES” is displayed. Then press the checkmark button
4. Select the vehicle make, model and model year in your TPMS tool.
5. Starting with the LF tire, use your TPMS tool to scan each sensor in the following order: LF, RF, RR and LR. The horn will chirp, after the vehicle has received a signal from each sensor.
6. Turn the ignition to the OFF position.
About Chevrolet SSR
The Chevrolet SSR (Super Sport Roadster) is a retractable hardtop convertible pickup truck manufactured by Chevrolet between 2003 and 2006.
The 2003 and 2004 model years used General Motors’ 5.3 L 300 hp Vortec 5300 V8. Performance was 7.7 seconds for 0–60 mph (0–97 km/h) with a 15.9 second quarter mile run at 86.4 mph. The 2005 SSR used the 390 hp (291 kW) LS2 V8 also found in the C6 Corvette, Trailblazer SS, and Pontiac GTO, and also offered a manual transmission option, the six-speed Tremec, for the first time.
For the 2006 model year, the LS2 engine featured minor modifications that boosted its output to 395 hp (295 kW) (automatic transmission) and 400 hp (298 kW) (manual), respectively. Performance improved dramatically with the LS2, the 6-speed manual version had an advertised 0-60 mph (97 km/h) time of 5.29 seconds. In addition, GM badges were added to the vehicle. (Source Wiki)