Chevrolet Sonic 2016-2019 Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS Reset
Quick to follow procedure on how to reset/relearn the TPMS service maintenance indicator warning light on Chevrolet Sonic for the year 2016 and 2019.
A TPMS Tool, or another properly formatted TPMS scan tool, is required to perform this procedure.
1. Set the parking brake.
2. With the ignition OFF, and foot off the brake pedal, press and hold the ENGINE START/STOP button for more than five seconds.
3. Using the Driver Information Controls (touchpad), on the right side of the steering wheel, select SETTINGS, then DISPLAY OPTIONS, then TIRE PRESSURE to turn on the tire pressure info page.
4. Exit the SETTINGS menu and scroll to the TIRE PRESSURES screen, then hold down the SEL/checkmark button until the horn sounds twice and TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE is displayed on the DIC screen.
5. Starting with the LF tire, use your Tool to scan each sensor in the following order: LF, RF, RR and LR. The horn will chirp, after the vehicle has received a signal from each sensor. After activating the LR tire, the horn will chirp twice signifying the relearn is complete. The TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message, on the DIC display screen, will go off.
6. Turn the ignition to the OFF position.
7. Inflate all tires to the pressure listed on the placard.
About Chevrolet Sonic
Chevrolet markets the new Aveo under the Chevrolet Sonic nameplate in the Americas, Japan, Middle East, South Africa and several Southeast Asian markets. In Australia and New Zealand, it was sold as the Holden Barina until stocks ran out in early 2019. In Europe, it retained the “Aveo” name, although sales ended there in 2014 as the Chevrolet brand was discontinued in Europe. (Source Wiki)