Chevrolet Sonic 2012-2015 Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS Reset
Quick to follow procedure on how to reset/relearn the TPMS service maintenance indicator warning light on Chevrolet Sonic for the year 2012 and 2015.
A TPMS Tool, or another properly formatted TPMS scan tool, is required to perform this procedure.
1. Set the parking brake.
2. Turn ignition to the ON/RUN position, with the engine OFF, and lower the driver’s side window.
Note: on vehicles with PUSH-BUTTON IGNITION, press and hold the PUSH-BUTTON until the vehicle is in ACCESSORY MODE.
3. Press the MENU button, located on the turn signal lever (or the instrument cluster on some models), until VEHICLE INFORMATION MENU is displayed in the Driver Information Center.
4. Once you are in the VEHICLE INFORMATION MENU, use the thumbwheel (or ∧∨ on the turn signal lever) to scroll to the TIRE PRESSURE MENU.
5. Press and hold the SET/CLR button, located at the end of the turn signal lever, to begin the sensor matching (relearn) process. A message asking if you are sure you want to relearn may display.
6. Press the SET/CLR button again to confirm the selection. The horn will sound twice signaling the car is in relearn mode.
7. Starting with the LF tire, use your Tool to scan each sensor in the following order: LF, RF, RR and LR. The horn will chirp after the vehicle has received a signal from each sensor. After activating the LR tire, the horn will chirp twice signifying the relearn is complete.
8. Turn the ignition to the OFF position.
9. Inflate all tires to the pressure listed on the placard.
About Chevrolet Sonic
The Chevrolet Aveo (/əˈveɪ.oʊ/ ə-VAY-oh) (sold as Chevrolet Sonic in North America and parts of Asia since 2011) is a subcompact car manufactured since 2002 (by Daewoo from 2002 to 2011), marketed worldwide in 120 countries under seven brands (Chevrolet, Daewoo, Holden, Pontiac, Ravon and Suzuki). The second generation Sonic began with the 2012 model year and was also marketed as the Aveo; production ended in October 2020. (Source Wiki)