Chevrolet Malibu 2018-2019 Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS Reset
Easy to follow procedure on how to reset/relearn the TPMS service maintenance indicator warning light on Chevrolet Malibu for the year 2018 and 2019.
A TPMS Tool, or another properly formatted TPMS scan tool, is required to perform this procedure.
Procedure using a TPMS Tool
Sensor Relearn Procedure with Steering Wheel Buttons:
1. Ensure all tires are inflated to the pressures listed on the tire placard.
2. Set the Parking Brake
3. With the vehicle off, hold down the ignition button for 5 seconds
a. Do not press the brake pedal while holding down the ignition button
4. Using the steering wheel’s keypad, select “Settings, ”Display Options,” then “Tire Pressure” to turn on the Tire Pressure readout display”
5. Exit the “Settings” menu and scroll to the Tire Pressure Screen.
6. Hold down the SEL/Checkmark/ or scroll‐wheel until the horn sounds twice.
7. Starting with the LF tire, use your Pro+ Tool to scan each sensor in the following order: LF, RF, RR and LR. The horn will chirp, after the vehicle has received a signal from each sensor. After activating the LR tire, the horn will chirp twice signifying the relearn is complete.
8. Shut the vehicle off.
About Chevrolet Malibu
Chevrolet updated the Malibu in 2018 for the 2019 model year. A new larger front grille, split by a chrome bar with the Chevrolet bow-tie, dominates the front, while the rear change is less significant. The Premier trim adds LED headlamps while the L/LS/RS/LT/Hybrid trims maintain halogen headlamps. A new RS trim-line is added for a sportier appearance, with a black grille, unique 18-inch wheels, and dual exhaust. The touchscreen is replaced with the 8-inch Chevrolet Infotainment 3 in the L/LS/RS/LT trims and Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Plus with HD screen in the Hybrid and Premier trims. Heated Second Row Seats are added to the Premier trim. The standard 1.5 L engine is now paired with a CVT instead of the 6-speed automatic transmission. Safety features were also improved for the 2019 Malibu including Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking, IntelliBeam high-beam assist headlamps and an semi-automated parking system. (Source Wiki)