Cadillac XT5 2018 Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS Reset
Quick to follow procedure on how to reset the TPMS service maintenance indicator warning light on Cadillac XT5 for the year 2018.
An TPMS tool, or another properly formatted TPMS scan tool, is required to perform this procedure.
Procedure using a TPMS tool
Sensor Relearn Procedure with Steering Wheel Buttons:
1. Ensure all tires are inflated to the pressures listed on the tire placard.
2. Set the Parking Brake
3. With the vehicle off, hold down the ignition button for 5 seconds
a. Do not press the brake pedal while holding down the ignition button
4. Using the steering wheel’s keypad, select “Settings,” ”Display Options,” then “Tire Pressure” to turn on the Tire Pressure readout display”
5. Exit the “Settings” menu and scroll to the Tire Pressure Screen.
6. Hold down the SEL/Checkmark/ or scroll‐wheel until the horn sounds twice.
7. Starting with the LF tire, use your TPMS tool to scan each sensor in the following order: LF, RF, RR and LR. The horn will chirp, after the vehicle has received a signal from each sensor. After activating the LR tire, the horn will chirp twice signifying the relearn is complete.
8. Shut the vehicle off.
About Cadillac XT5
The Cadillac XT5 (short for Crossover Touring 5) is a compact luxury/ D-segment crossover SUV manufactured by General Motors. It was introduced at both the Dubai Motor Show and LA Auto Show in November 2015. The XT5 replaced the Cadillac SRX crossover when it was launched in spring 2016. It is the second model to use Cadillac’s new alphanumeric naming scheme (after the CT6) and the first in the Crossover Touring (XT) series. The XT5 is manufactured at GM’s Spring Hill Manufacturing plant. The Chinese-market XT5 is manufactured in Shanghai by SAIC-GM.
As of 2017, the XT5 was Cadillac’s best selling model in the United States and globally. (Source Wiki)