Cadillac XT5 2017 Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS Reset
Easy to follow procedure on how to reset the TPMS service maintenance indicator warning light on Cadillac XT5 for the year 2017.
A TPMS tool, or another properly formatted TPMS scan tool, is required to perform this procedure.
1. Set the parking brake.
2. Turn ignition to the ON/RUN position (engine running).
3. Using the Driver Information Controls (touchpad), on the right side of the steering wheel, select SETTINGS, then DISPLAY OPTIONS, then TIRE PRESSURE to turn on the tire pressure info page.
4. Exit the SETTINGS menu and scroll to the TIRE PRESSURES screen, then hold down the SEL/checkmark button until the horn sounds twice.
5. Starting with the LF tire, use your Tool to scan each sensor in the following order: LF, RF, RR and LR. The horn will chirp, after the vehicle has received a signal from each sensor. After activating the LR tire, the horn will chirp twice signifying the relearn is complete. The TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message, on the DIC display screen, will go off.
6. Turn the ignition to the OFF position.
7. Inflate all tires to the pressure listed on the placard.
About Cadillac XT5
Cadillac’s XT5 luxury SUV is neither as sporty to drive as its German competitors nor as pampering as a Lexus RX. It’s powered by a 3.6-liter V6 engine or a 2.0-liter turbo-four. Both are linked to a nine-speed automatic. With the V6, the XT5 feels lethargic in everyday driving, despite posting decent outright acceleration in our tests; the four-cylinder turbo feels more energetic. The XT5 handles soundly, and the ride is firm yet absorbent. Comfortable front seats, good fit and finish, and a quiet cabin lend the XT5 a luxurious aura. The controls are easy to use and the gear selector is improved. FCW and AEB with pedestrian detection are standard, while BSW and rear cross traffic warning are standard on all but the base model. (Source Consumer Reports)