Oil Reset Procedure for Land Rover LR3 2005-2009
Easy to follow oil reset procedure for Land Rover LR3 for the year 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009.
Land Rover LR3 oil reset procedure for the year 2005 through 2006
1. With the vehicle in the OFF position, press and hold the TRIP RESET button
2. While holding, turn the vehicle into the ON position without turning the vehicle on
* If the SII function is enabled, the information display will flash “Service” for 5 seconds and then display “Service” constantly
* If the SII function is not enabled, the information display will show the normal odometer and trip information and no further action is required
3. Release the TRIP RESET button within 10 seconds of entering the reset mode, the information display will show “DIST” or “OIL”
4. Press the TRIP RESET button within 10 seconds of releasing it and hold for more than 5 seconds
5. The information display will show “RST” or “RESET” for 5 seconds and then reset the oil service value, and then show “END”
Or you can also try this procedure;
1. Hold down the reset button on the dashboard to reset the LR3 trip counter. Keep holding the reset button down even after the trip counter has cleared.
2. Turn the ignition key to the II position on the ignition.
3. Continue holding the reset button for five seconds until a new menu appears on the digital display.
4. Let go of the reset button and press the reset button again until the option rst appears.
5. Press the reset button again and your maintenance light will reset and shut off.
Land Rover LR3 oil reset procedure for the year 2007 through 2009
1. Land Rover requires the use of a scan tool to clear the maintenance light
About Land Rover LR3
The Land Rover Discovery is a series of premium sport utility vehicles (SUVs) that range in size from medium to large. They were initially produced by the British automaker Land Rover and later by Jaguar Land Rover under the Land Rover marque. The series is currently in its fifth iteration (or generation, according to the manufacturer), the first of which was introduced in 1989. This makes the Discovery the first new model series to be introduced since the launch of the 1970 Range Rover – on which it was based – and only the third new product line since the conception of the Land Rover (vehicle and brand) by Rover in 1948. The Discovery is currently in its fifth iteration (or generation). The first of which was introduced in 1989. The model is sometimes referred to as influential because it was one of the first to market a family car that was truly capable of driving off-road.
The Discovery, Series II made its debut in the fall of 1998. Land Rover boasted in its marketing materials that the Discovery Series II had been improved in 720 ‘distinctive ways.’ Despite the fact that both the interior and exterior were redesigned to be less utilitarian, it was still abundantly clear that this model was a development of the Series I. Every single panel of the body had been modified, with the exception of the skin on the back doors. The rear body was lengthened to increase the amount of space available for cargo, and it can now accommodate full-size adults on all seven seats of the SE7 option. Additionally, all of the seats can now face forward, but this came at the expense of an increased rear overhang, which made the vehicle’s departure angle when off-roading slightly less steep.