Toyota RAV4 2003-2009 KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry Programming Procedure
How to Program Toyota RAV4 KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry for the year 2003 and 2009.
- First, close all doors
- Insert master Toyota key in and out of ignition cylinder 4 times. On the 5th time leave the master key in the ignition cylinder
- Open and close driver’s side door 6 times
- Remove master key from ignition cylinder.
- Verify that security light on the information display is solid, indicating that the car successfully entered programming mode
- Insert new chip key
- Watch security light blinking for about 60 seconds
- When security light goes out, your new key is successfully programmed
- Remove new key from the ignition cylinder
- And finally, verify that your new key is able to deactivate anti-theft system: security indicator light on the information display should disappear when inserting properly programmed key into ignition cylinder
- If it didn’t work, repeat the same steps from the beginning
About Toyota RAV4
Japanese models went on sale in 2005 at Toyota NETZ dealers. The 3-door was dropped in the beginning of 2007, leaving Toyota without a mini SUV until the 2009 Toyota Urban Cruiser, which is sold in Europe, North America (as the Scion xD) and Japan (as the Toyota ist).
The XA30 series RAV4 was sold in Japan until July 2016, where the XA40 is not to be offered. Toyota discontinued the Vanguard in November 2013 in favour of the redesigned XU60 Harrier. As the RAV4 continued to grow, it became expensive to own in Japan due to the exterior dimensions and engine displacement placing it in the upper tax bracket as defined by Japanese government dimension regulations and annual road tax obligations. (Source Wiki)