Toyota Hilux 2010 KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry Programming Procedure
How to Program Toyota Hilux KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry for the year 2010.
- First, close all doors
- Insert master Toyota key in and out of ignition cylinder 4 times. On the 5th time leave the master key in the ignition cylinder
- Open and close driver’s side door 6 times
- Remove master key from ignition cylinder.
- Verify that security light on the information display is solid, indicating that the car successfully entered programming mode
- Insert new chip key
- Watch security light blinking for about 60 seconds
- When security light goes out, your new key is successfully programmed
- Remove new key from the ignition cylinder
- And finally, verify that your new key is able to deactivate anti-theft system: security indicator light on the information display should disappear when inserting properly programmed key into ignition cylinder
- If it didn’t work, repeat the same steps from the beginning
About Toyota Hilux
The Toyota Hilux (Japanese: トヨタ・ハイラックス, Toyota Hairakkusu) (stylized as HiLux and historically as Hi-Lux) is a series of pickup trucks produced and marketed by the Japanese automobile manufacturer Toyota. The majority of these vehicles are sold as pickup truck or cab chassis variants, although they could be configured in a variety of body styles. The pickup truck was sold with the HiLux name in most markets, but in North America, the Hilux name was retired in 1976 in favor of Truck, Pickup Truck, or Compact Truck.
In North America, the popular option package, the SR5 (Sport Runabout 5-Speed), was colloquially used as a model name for the truck, even though the option package was also used on other Toyota models, like the 1972 to 1979 Corolla. In 1984, the Toyota Trekker, the camper version of the Hilux, was renamed the 4Runner in Venezuela, Australia and North America, and the Hilux Surf in Japan. In 1995, Toyota introduced a new pickup model, the midsize Toyota T100 in North America, necessitating distinct names for each vehicle other than Truck and Pickup Truck. The 4Runner is now a full SUV, and the more recent models of the Hilux are separate in appearance from the Tacoma. (Source Wiki)