Rover ZR 1995-2006 KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry Programming Procedure
How to Program Rover ZR KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry for the year 1995, 2002, 2004 and 2006.
KeyFob Programming Procedure (Remote)
Note. If battery is replaced inside key fob or if key fob buttons are operated repeatedly whilst vehicle is out of range and central locking / alarm system becomes inoperative, carry out the following reinitializing procedure.
- Manually “Unlock” the vehicle using the key
- Ensure all of the doors, Bonnet and Boot are all closed and both front doors are unlocked.
- Hold the remote key fob close to the vehicle
- Press the “Padlock” or “Dimpled” button on the key fob button 4 times or more in quick succession, until the vehicle locks are enabled.
- Key fob is re-initialized.
- Repeat above procedure for all remaining key fobs
- Confirm operation of key fobs by locking and unlocking vehicle using key fob buttons.
About Rover ZR
The MG ZR was one of Britain’s most popular sporting hatchbacks throughout its production life, and in 2004, it was MG Rover’s best selling car—the first time that any MG product had been the most popular product of any of the many combines that had owned the MG marque.
Tens of thousands of MG ZRs were sold in Britain and proved particularly popular with young buyers who were attracted by deals such as free insurance and discounts that were the equivalent of VAT. The car was made until April 2005. While its handling was praised by reviewers, other aspects of the ZR were found to be inadequate. (Source Wiki)