Rover 200 Series 1995-2002 KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry Programming Procedure
How to Program Rover 200 Series KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry for the year 1995, 1999, 2000 and 2002
KeyFob Programming Procedure (Remote)
Note. If battery is replaced inside key fob or if key fob buttons are operated repeatedly whilst vehicle is out of range and central locking / alarm system becomes inoperative, carry out the following reinitializing procedure.
- Manually “Unlock” the vehicle using the key
- Ensure all of the doors, Bonnet and Boot are all closed and both front doors are unlocked.
- Hold the remote key fob close to the vehicle
- Press the “Padlock” or “Dimpled” button on the key fob button 4 times or more in quick succession, until the vehicle locks are enabled.
- Key fob is re-initialized.
- Repeat above procedure for all remaining key fobs
- Confirm operation of key fobs by locking and unlocking vehicle using key fob buttons.
About Rover 200
The Rover 200, codenamed R3, was smaller than the Honda-based R8 cars. This was due to Rover’s need to replace the ageing Metro, which by now was 15 years old. Although some elements of the previous 200 / 400 were carried over (most notably the front structure, heater, steering and front suspension), it was by-and-large an all-new car that had been developed by Rover. Honda did provide early body design support as a result of moving production of the Honda Concerto from Longbridge to Swindon, freeing up capacity for 60,000 units at Rover. At this point, the car had a cut-down version of the previous car’s rear floor and suspension and was codenamed SK3. (Source Wiki)