Peugeot 406/Coupe 1998-2000 (Peugeot 8) KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry Programming Procedure
How to Program Peugeot 406/Coupe KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry for the year 1998 and 2000
Note. If battery is replaced inside key fob or if key fob buttons are operated repeatedly whilst vehicle is out of range and central locking / alarm system becomes inoperative, carry out the following reinitializing procedure.
- Ensure ignition switch is in the “OFF” position
Note. Vehicles fitted with double locking systems: Press both the “Lock / Unlock” and “Double locking” buttons on key fob together when carrying out the following procedure.
- Press and hold the “Lock / Unlock” button on the key fob until the LED on the key fob turns “OFF
- Release the “Lock / Unlock” button on the key fob
- LED on key fob remains illuminated
- Press the “Lock / Unlock” button twice on the key fob
- Switch the ignition to the “ON” position
- Switch the ignition to the “OFF” position
- Wait 5 seconds
- Key fob is re-initialized
- Confirm operation of key fob by locking and unlocking vehicle using key fob buttons.
About Peugeot 406/Coupe
The facelifted 406 sedan was introduced in February 1999, and safety, strength and speed enhancements resulted in improved Euro NCAP performance. Where the old 406 had one star and a struck off star, the post facelift models gained three stars.
The changes included the new and improved EW/DW Engine Family HDI with greater power, torque and fuel efficiency along with increased refinement, making it comparatively quiet for a diesel. A downside was an increase in the car’s insurance group from 9 to 12. (Source Wiki)