Nissan X-Trail 2001-2006 KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry Programming Procedure
Key Fob Programming Procedure (Remote)
Note. If the central locking / alarm system is malfunctioning or a replacement key fob is obtained. The following programming procedure is required to be carried out before the key fob will operate correctly. Maximum of 4 Remotes can be programmed
- To enter programming mode
- Switch Ignition “ON” and “OFF” 6 times within 10 Seconds
- After 2 Seconds the indicators will flash two times
- Programming mode is active for 2 minutes.
To Programme remotes
- Press and Hold “Unlock” button
- Press “Lock” button 3 times
- Release “Unlock” button
- Indicators will flash once to conform programmed correctly
- Repeat for all remaining remotes
- If 4 remotes have been programmed the indicators will flash 3 times
- If Less than 4 remotes programmed Switch Ignition On, Indicator lights will flash twice.
- Check Operation of all remotes
About Nissan X-Trail
The X-Trail’s All-Mode 4×4 transmission transfer case enables the driver to select between 2WD, 4WD or 4WD Lock through an electronic switch on the dashboard. Nissan offered a hydrogen fuel cell model named the X-Trail FCV on lease to businesses.
The X-Trail was sold in Canada for the model years of 2005 and 2006 (but Nissan Canada continued to market it until 2007), and in Mexico since 2003. It has been sold in the Philippines since the middle of 2003.
In the United Kingdom, the first generation car was available in S, Sport and SE+ between launch and 2004. There was also a Fat Face special edition in 2005, only for the United Kingdom, which was based on the Sports. They made 1,998 of them to celebrate the year Fat Face was set up. The trim levels were then revised to SE, Sport, SVE and T-Spec. (Source Wiki)