Ford Sport KA 2003 KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry Programming Procedure
Note. If the central locking / alarm system is malfunctioning or a replacement key fob is obtained. The following programming procedure is required to be carried out before the key fob will operate correctly.
- Close all doors.
- Switch the ignition “ON” 4 times within 6 seconds.
- Switch the ignition “OFF”.
- Programming mode activated for approximately 10 seconds:
- Press and release any button on the key fob.
- An audible warning will sound and the system Alarm LED will flash to indicate successful programming.
- After the first key has been programmed, the 10 seconds programming mode automatically starts again for the next key.
- Repeat above procedure to re-program any remaining key fobs.
- To exit programming mode: Switch ignition “ON” or wait 10 seconds.
- Confirm operation of key fobs by locking and unlocking vehicle using key fob buttons.
Note. A maximum of 4 key fobs can be programmed to the vehicle.
About Ford Sport KA
In 2003, the Ka brand was diversified, with the addition of a new SportKa featuring a sporty body kit, wider track with stiffened suspension and redesigned 16″ (40 cm) alloy wheels. Both models came with slightly widened bumpers front and rear with integral fog lamps. A convertible model called StreetKa also appeared, launched with the help of singer Kylie Minogue at the Paris Motor Show. It featured a manually folding soft top or an optional detachable hardtop (on the Winter Edition).
StreetKa was designed and built by Pininfarina (the 2000 motor show concept was designed by Ghia, Turin) in Italy and all StreetKas have sill plates inscribed “Pininfarina”. Pininfarina produced 37,076 StreetKas between 2003 and 2005. The build quality of the Streetka was far superior to the standard 3-door Ka, with improved rust-proofing. (Source Wiki)