Ford Fusion 2002 KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry Programming Procedure
Note. If the central locking / alarm system is malfunctioning or a replacement key fob is obtained. The following programming procedure is required to be carried out before the key fob will operate correctly.
- Close all doors
- Switch the ignition “ON” 4 times within 6 seconds
- Switch the ignition “OFF”
- Programming mode activated for approximately 10 seconds:
o Press and release any button on the key fob
- An audible warning will sound and the system Alarm LED will flash to indicate successful programming
- After the first key has been programmed, the 10 seconds programming mode automatically starts again for the next key
- Repeat above procedure to re-program any remaining key fobs.
- To exit programming mode: Switch ignition “ON” or wait 10 seconds.
- Confirm operation of key fobs by locking and unlocking vehicle using key fob buttons.
Note. A maximum of 4 key fobs can be programmed to the vehicle.
About Ford Fusion
The European Ford Fusion is a high roof, five-door, five-passenger, front-drive B-segment Mini MPV manufactured and marketed by Ford Europe from 2002 to 2012 across a single generation.
Sharing its platform with the Ford Fiesta supermini, the Fusion was longer, wider and taller than the Fiesta — with high h-point seating, rear ‘theatre-style’ and 60/40 folding rear seats, fold-flat front passenger seat and a load floor flush with the cargo sill. Ford marketed the Fusion as an ‘Urban Activity Vehicle’, its Fusion nameplate Fusion referring to its combination of small hatchback, MPV and SUV design features: economical operation from its B-class underpinnings; enhanced maneuverability from its four-metre footprint as well as enhanced roominess, accessibility, passenger and cargo volume from its tall configuration — but notably without all-wheel drive. (Source Wiki)