Ford Focus C Max 2003 KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry Programming Procedure
Note. If the central locking / alarm system is malfunctioning or a replacement key fob is obtained. The following programming procedure is required to be carried out before the key fob will operate correctly.
- Close all doors
- Switch the ignition “ON” 4 times within 6 seconds
- Switch the ignition “OFF”
- Programming mode activated for approximately 10 seconds:
o Press and release any button on the key fob
- An audible warning will sound and the system Alarm LED will flash to indicate successful programming
- After the first key has been programmed, the 10 seconds programming mode automatically starts again for the next key
- Repeat above procedure to re-program any remaining key fobs.
- To exit programming mode: Switch ignition “ON” or wait 10 seconds
- Confirm operation of key fobs by locking and unlocking vehicle using key fob buttons.
Note. A maximum of 4 key fobs can be programmed to the vehicle.
About Ford Focus C Max
Alongside the third generation Ford Focus Mk III, the second generation C-Max (C344) is built on Ford’s new Global C platform. The appearance is inspired by the Iosis Max concept, shown at the 2009 Geneva Motor Show. In addition, Ford added a long wheelbase, seven-seat minivan variant of the C-Max, the Ford Grand C-Max.
The vehicle was unveiled at the 2009 Frankfurt Motor Show. Early European models include 5 seats, and 7-seat models entered the market at the end of 2010 (except Russia, where there is only the 7-seat model). At the 2011 North American International Auto Show, Ford announced a 7-seat C-MAX for the North American market. However, this model was cancelled prior to launch. (Source Wiki)