Citroen Xsara1997 KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry Programming Procedure
How to Program Citroen Xsara KeyFob Remote Keyless Entry for the year 1997.
Note. If battery is replaced inside key fob or if key fob buttons are operated repeatedly whilst vehicle is out of range and central locking / alarm system becomes inoperative, carry out the following reinitializing procedure.
- Switch the ignition to the “ON” position
- Wait for alarm system LED to turn “OFF” (if LED fitted) or wait for approximately 10 seconds (If LED not fitted)
- Within 30 seconds: Press either the “Lock” or “Un-lock” button on the key fob
- Within 10 seconds: Press either the “Lock” or “Un-lock” button on the key fob.
- Ensure alarm system LED (if fitted) turns “ON” for a split second.
- Key fob is re-initialized.
- Repeat above procedure to re-initialize any remaining key fobs.
- Confirm operation of key fob by locking and unlocking vehicle using key fob buttons.
About Citroen Xsara
The Citroën Xsara (/ˈzɑːrə/) is a small family car (C-segment in Europe) produced by the French automaker Citroën from 1997 to 2006. The Xsara was a development of the Citroën ZX and Peugeot 306, which shared a platform and running gear.
It came in three and five door hatchback (notchback) and five door estate body styles; the estate was marketed as the Break and the three door as the Coupé. The styling shared cues with the larger Bertone designed Xantia, but was regarded as bland by the motoring press.
The straight four engine range includes 1.4, 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0 litre petrol engines as well as 1.6, 1.9 and 2.0 litre naturally aspirated and turbocharged diesels. In some countries, such as Portugal, the 1.5 litre TUD5 diesel engine was also available.The Xsara was 1998 Semperit Irish Car of the Year in Ireland. (Source Wiki)