Toyota Avalon 1998-2012 Key Programming Procedure
The following are the key programming procedures for the year 1998, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 Toyota Avalon.
Toyota Avalon 1998-2001
TO DELETE ALL BUT ONE KEY FROM THE UNIT:
1. Depress and release brake and accelerator pedals once, doing both at the same time.
2. Put an existing master key into the ignition. Leave the key in the LOCK position; do not turn it.
3. Press and release the accelerator pedal, six times, within 15 seconds of inserting the key.
4. Within 20 seconds of Step 3, press and release the brake pedal seven times.
5. The dashboard security light will flash. This confirms that all keys (except the one currently being used) have been deleted.
6. Within ten seconds, remove the key from the ignition cylinder. This is now the only key still programmed to work.
1. Press and release the brake and accelerator pedals once, doing both at the same time.
2. Put the existing master key into the ignition.
3. Press and release the accelerator pedal five times within 15 seconds.
4. Press and release the brake pedal six times within 20 seconds and remove key.
5. Insert new key into ignition within ten seconds.
6. Press and release the accelerator pedal once within ten seconds.
7. The security light will turn off after 80 seconds. This indicates that the new key is now registered.
8. Remove new key. Press and release the brake pedal once.
Toyota Avalon 2002-2010
Keys can be programmed using the Code-Seeker on most 32 bit systems.
TO DELETE ALL BUT ONE KEY FROM THE UNIT:
1. Simultaneously depress and release brake and accelerator pedals 1 time.
2. Insert an existing master key into the ignition cylinder. Do not turn the key from the OFF(LOCK) position.
3. Within fifteen seconds of inserting the key, depress and release the accelerator pedal six times.
4. Within twenty seconds of completing the above step, depress and release the brake seven times.
5. The security light will flash, indicating all keys other than the one being used have been deleted.
6. Remove the key from the ignition cylinder within ten seconds. It will be the only key still programmed to work.
ADD DUPLICATE KEY:
Requires one working Toyota/Lexus Master key.
1. Make sure all doors and windows are closed.
2. Insert Master key into the ignition cylinder.
3. Cycle the ignition cylinder from ON to OFF five times.
4. Open and close the driver side door six times.
5. Remove the Master key and insert the new duplicate key.
6. TURN THE IGNITION CYLINDER ON.
7. The new key will be registered after 60 seconds. The THEFT light on the dashboard will go out, indicating that the programming has been completed.
About Toyota Avalon
The revamped Avalon was presented in part during the New York International Auto Show in April 2012, and it would be based on the same platform as the Lexus ES. The facelift included a new grille as well as reworked lighting that were now identical to the Camry. Instead of buttons, the inside controls use tap touch technology. Toyota stated in June 2012 that the Avalon would be available with a hybrid drivetrain. The Avalon went on sale in the United States in early December 2012.
The hybrid gasoline-electric Avalon of the 2013 model year is powered by an updated version of Toyota’s Hybrid Synergy Drive power train, which is also used in the Camry Hybrid of the 2012 model year. The Avalon Hybrid received a combined cycle rating of 40 mpgUS (5.9 L/100 km; 48 mpgimp), a city rating of 40 mpgUS (5.9 L/100 km; 48 mpgimp), and a highway rating of 39 mpgUS (6.0 L/100 km; 47 mpgimp). In December 2012, the hybrid version was released in the United States. The 2.5 L inline-4 engine powers the Avalon Hybrid. When paired with the electric motor, the system produces a total of 200 horsepower (149 kW). The Avalon Hybrid, like the Camry Hybrid, has a 1.6 kWh sealed nickel-metal hydride traction battery.
The hybrid model’s jump terminal or jump post is no longer positioned under the hood. The starter battery must be jumped immediately from the trunk. If a dead battery is encountered, the manual trunk release is accessed inside the trunk by a reach from the rear center armrest area.