Infiniti l35 2002-2004 Key Programming Procedure
The following are the key programming procedures for Infiniti l35 for the year 2002 to 2004.
ALL KEY FOBS MUST BE PRESENT WHEN PROGRAMMING NEW FOBS. (OLD REMOTES ARE ELIMINATED: BY OLDEST ONE FIRST AS NEW REMOTES ARE PROGRAMMED INTO THE VEHICLE)
1. Close and lock all doors with the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch.
2. Insert key into ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least six times within 10seconds. Your Hazard Lamps will flash if you performed this step successfully. NOTE: Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder each time. If this procedure is performed too fast, the system will not enter programming mode.
3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ACC position.
4. Within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the remote transmitter. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. NOTE: Do not press the button more than one time in the above step. If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.
5. If there are any remaining transmitters (including the old ones), unlock then lock all doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the next remote. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. Repeat this step for each transmitter (including any existing transmitters).
6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door.
7. Test remote (s).
About Infiniti l35
Nissan and Infiniti have been very busy this year with the introduction of new and revised models. One of those new models is the Infiniti I35, an evolution of the I30 entry-level luxury sedan.
The I35 upgrade is powered by a 3.5-liter 24-valve DOHC V6 engine that produces 255 horsepower and 246 pound-feet of torque. The higher power output compared to the I30 (the I30 had 227 hp) is attributable to the bigger engine displacement. In addition, the new engine has variable valve timing, a silent timing chain, and an electronically controlled throttle. With 255 horsepower under the hood, the I35 is nearly as powerful as the Acura TL Type-S. Unfortunately, the Infiniti only has a four-speed automatic transmission that sends power to the front wheels.
The body of the I35 is similar to that of the Nissan Maxima. As a result, the Infiniti is one of just a few cars in this class to have a beam rear axle; the others have independent rear suspensions. Even though it is a sophisticated beam rear axle, the I35 still has an inherent disadvantage in that it cannot absorb mid-corner bumps as well as the other cars. The automobile has a smooth but controlled ride, which is ideal for lengthy highway drives. It also has better braking than the I30 due to bigger disc brakes and the inclusion of Electronic Brake Force Distribution and Brake Assist to the basic antilock brakes.
The I35’s unexpectedly spacious back seat, as well as its comfortable seating for five adults, is one of its highlights. Lumbar support, two-position memory, and an autonomous entry/exit system are included in the eight-way power-adjustable driver seat. The trunk is one of the largest in this sector, with a maximum capacity of 14.9 cubic feet.
The I30 previously came in two trim levels, however the I35 only comes in “Luxury” trim. Conveniently, the Infiniti provides lots of equipment to remind you that, yes, this is a luxury vehicle. It boasts a stylish analogue clock on the dash, updated Sojourner leather-appointed seats, an express-open sunroof, automatic temperature control, and a 200-watt Bose audio system with a six-disc CD changer in the dash. This year, Infiniti has also added faux wood trim to the center console and the leather-wrapped steering wheel.
One of the most interesting optional features is a navigation system that jumps out of the top of the dash, making you feel like you’re in a James Bond movie. Infiniti nav systems include what is known as a Birdview perspective, which simulates looking at the terrain from a height. A power sunroof and rear sunshade are also available, as is a cold weather package with heated front and rear seats and a sport package. The sport package effectively replaces the I30 Touring trim, and it features a sport-tuned suspension, bigger 17-inch tires, and stability control, which is new this year.
The I35 gives a luxury sedan experience without the traditional luxury sedan costs, thanks to its stylish aesthetics, smooth and powerful V6, and broad list of standard and available equipment. Other front-drive cars, like as the Acura TL Type-S and the new Lexus ES 300, are worthy of your consideration, but there’s no reason why you shouldn’t include the I35 in your search.